'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

I've said this and ppl got mad. He's not switching and is very happy with his commitment to UGA. Right now UGA, Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Fla can pk the Rb they want and are top producers of Rbs so until UT proves that then why be mad as a fan? In-state or out of state cream of the crop are going to these schools. We get the 2nd and 3rd tier guys but again that's for now and it can chg quickly if guys can stay healthy and put up numbers.
The only thing that matters are the players that choose to wear orange and white. Everything else is irrelevant to Tennessee fans.

Literally can’t think of any NFL stud backs from any of those schools you mentioned except bama and OSU and since when has FL been a top RB producer? UTEP, Wisconsin, PSU, FSU and Tennessee have more starting NFL backs then they do

Harris, Henry, Zeke….Chubb,
You said "except Bama and OSU" and then listed a RB from UGA (Chubb). D'Andre Swift is a stud RB. Sony Michel, while not a "stud" is another that was a 1st rd pick from UGA. Todd Gurley was prior to his knee condition. UGA is a RB factory.

Zeke is really OSU's only current RB who fits the narrative.

Florida and Clemson don't really fit that mold in terms of NFL production, but it doesn't stop them from getting studs, either, which I think was De1's point. It is most likely a reflection of their overall success (Clemson more than FL) and fertile instate/regional recruiting grounds than proof of NFL production.

I've said this and ppl got mad. He's not switching and is very happy with his commitment to UGA. Right now UGA, Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Fla can pk the Rb they want and are top producers of Rbs so until UT proves that then why be mad as a fan? In-state or out of state cream of the crop are going to these schools. We get the 2nd and 3rd tier guys but again that's for now and it can chg quickly if guys can stay healthy and put up numbers.
I really like the Patterson kid that shares carries with James. Not many big offers. Kid is shifty and quick

Lol….Clemson and Florida

Literally can’t think of any NFL stud backs from any of those schools you mentioned except bama and OSU and since when has FL been a top RB producer? UTEP, Wisconsin, PSU, FSU and Tennessee have more starting NFL backs then they do

Harris, Henry, Zeke….Chubb,
Georgia puts a ton of RBs into the league

UF is a top RB producer? Sell me some of that weed buddy

Not sure what you mean? He was losing playing time at BA, so he left.

Splitting time at Oakland too, maybe even getting less carries as the year has progressed. I guess all of that barking is slowing him down? IDK, just kidding a little bit.

There are several things to like about James' game, and I know our coaches have made overtures, but I just don't feel like he would be a big success in our offense. Probably smart he is going to UGA because they're a better fit for him. I don't think he is a dynamic back, and his highlights, while showing a few instances of wiggle, don't show really great top end speed or ability to make guys miss/break tackles. He could be a victim of just playing on a really good team -- I mean, if you run through a hole untouched, you just do what you have to do. JMO with all due respect to the kid. Wish him success.

One back I would love to see us get back in on is Jaylon Glover out of Florida. He visited officially in June. Florida started putting the press on him in the summer but he was rubbed the wrong way by their coaches and committed to Utah instead. He is 5'7 205 lbs, but man, that guy can make anyone miss. Has some speed too having run 11.22 in the 100m. Check out his profile on here or his hudl. I always liked him and Dylan Sampson the best among our RB targets...

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Splitting time at Oakland too, maybe even getting less carries as the year has progressed. I guess all of that barking is slowing him down? IDK, just kidding a little bit.
He's splitting carries at Oakland because they run a ton and have 2 D1 backs. Their coach is smart enough to not run their stars into the ground. Not hard for him to do, but still does a great job at it

Reactions: GoVolsGo54
Not worried. Simpson is better suited for our offense and will put up better numbers than this kid at uga.

LOL, you know so much about him that I guess you forgot that his name is Dylan SAMPSON.

James is a better athlete than Sampson by a mile and we had better stay on him until he signs his LOI.

We cannot continue to lose our best in-state athletes to other programs.

Reactions: Nooga
LOL, you know so much about him that I guess you forgot that his name is Dylan SAMPSON.

James is a better athlete than Sampson by a mile and we had better stay on him until he signs his LOI.

We cannot continue to lose our best in-state athletes to other programs.

Amazing how many CFB recruiting coordinators post here. We are truly blessed with such totally objective insight.

VN Store

Back