‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

No offense to the kid but why would we want him? Offer list isn't very impressive.

No offense to the kid but why would we want him? Offer list isn't very impressive.

Staff might want to avoid the attack on the boards by the "every program has them" group of fans that can turn on a dime if he goes elsewhere and excels. With his stats the "kid in the backyard that got away" chorus would be deafening. I don't have a clue if they will try to add him, or how, but if they do I hope it works out for both sides. Local boy does good stories are great. Without KNOWLEDGE of how many players we can add this year, it is hard to INTELLIGENTLY evaluate the risk/reward calculations on both sides. I am sure he wants to play at the next level. I am sure we don't want an unproductive schollie. With portal mobility now who knows.

If they do, it might be due to their up close and personnel evaluations indicate he is still physically advancing and may have potential for a high ceiling, he has demonstrated high levels of loyalty and character, and has shown an extraordinary level of vision, endurance and toughness through all the carries he and his coaches have received criticism for the last two years. Not any depth in this year's class at RB, so................

If not, I will wish him well as a local that did not become a Vol, but did not thumb his nose at a realistic offer. It can be a win/win, OR not.

Last edited:
Staff might want to avoid the attack on the boards by the "every program has them" group of fans that can turn on a dime if he goes elsewhere and excels. With his stats the "kid in the backyard that got away" chorus would be deafening. I don't have a clue if they will try to add him, or how, but if they do I hope it works out for both sides. Local boy does good stories are great. Without KNOWLEDGE of how many players we can add this year, it is hard to INTELLIGENTLY evaluate the risk/reward calculations on both sides. I am sure he wants to play at the next level. I am sure we don't want an unproductive schollie. With portal mobility now who knows.

If they do, it might be due to their up close and personnel evaluations indicate he is still physically advancing and may have potential for a high ceiling, he has demonstrated high levels of loyalty and character, and has shown an extraordinary level of vision, endurance and toughness through all the carries he and his coaches have received criticism for the last two years. Not any depth in this year's class at RB, so................

If not, I will wish him well as a local that did not become a Vol, but did not thumb his nose at a realistic offer. It can be a win/win, OR not.
I don’t think it’s a reach to assume what’s said on a fan forum is not a criteria the staff uses when deciding which recruits to go after. Bet money CJH doesn’t read VN

I don’t think it’s a reach to assume what’s said on a fan forum is not a criteria the staff uses when deciding which recruits to go after. Bet money CJH doesn’t read VN

Yeah, should have used blue font for the first half of the first paragraph. Went back and edited it that way!

Last edited:
CJH should read VN, we have apparently have a bunch of talent evaluation pros on the forum that can tell him specifically who to pickup. Would save a lot of money off their recruiting budget.

Why a preference? Do you have access to the staff's analysis on this kid and those alternate candidates for the scholly spot?
Pretty sure this is a message board where people post their opinions and ideas to share amongst the group. Maybe I’m mistaken on what this place is meant for. Please enlighten me on how I should post.

Pretty sure this is a message board where people post their opinions and ideas to share amongst the group. Maybe I’m mistaken on what this place is meant for. Please enlighten me on how I should post.
Don't you know?

Opinions are not allowed anymore. How dare you contradict someone's belief. "Feelings" are everything.

I have always wanted Bishop as part of this class, however Coastal Carolina is a quality program located in one of America's nicest places to live. I'll be happy for this young man either way, but think playing time would come quicker at CC.

Reactions: LittleVol
I have always wanted Bishop as part of this class, however Coastal Carolina is a quality program located in one of America's nicest places to live. I'll be happy for this young man either way, but think playing time would come quicker at CC.
Clarksville is nice this time of year................

VN Store

Back