‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

Are we all gonna ignore the fact that swampfoxfan thinks being a corpsman makes him a medical expert on football injuries

Manufacturer an insult why don't you, go back and quote when I claimed to be a medical expert on football injuries. Or shut up.

So, you never mentioned where you played running back, or where you got your medical training, I got mine in the U.S.Navy. a combat corpsman, I understand the human body very well.

I'm combining this with your other comments on the nature of risk factors secondary to a high carry count

Reactions: cncchris33
I'm combining this with your other comments on the nature of risk factors secondary to a high carry count
So you are manufacturing an insult. Many, if not most, high school football players play both offense and defense, you suppose those linemen bashing each other 70+ plays per game support your claim?
And back to the point ,many on here have disagreed with my view on high carry counts, but i have never said I was a sports medicine clinician. You're the only one claiming that. so where did i state that?

Last edited:
I mean... if you're argument is that the higher the number of times a lineman stresses their knee capsule via repetitive contact is not directly correlated to their risk of knee injury, then yes. I'm claiming you're wrong. The same goes for running backs getting tackled, wide receivers jumping for catches, kickers kicking, etc. Every joint, ligament, and tendon has a limit based on usage, predisposed genetic factors, and a whole other host of considerations. Usage is a direct predictor of injury. Do you think baseball coaches limit pitch counts just because they think it's fun?

I mean... if you're argument is that the higher the number of times a lineman stresses their knee capsule via repetitive contact is not directly correlated to their risk of knee injury, then yes. I'm claiming you're wrong. The same goes for running backs getting tackled, wide receivers jumping for catches, kickers kicking, etc. Every joint, ligament, and tendon has a limit based on usage, predisposed genetic factors, and a whole other host of considerations. Usage is a direct predictor of injury. Do you think baseball coaches limit pitch counts just because they think it's fun?
You dummy...don't you know these guys are androids with robotic joints?

Current footage of Bishop...
MMqJQW.gif

Unless he can enroll next week I’m not sure what good this does. We’ll most likely have 6 scholarship backs on the roster next season and aren’t a lot of people expecting Seldon to get a lot of reps there as well? Getting a guy that has been ran into the ground in HS and isn’t a burner nor a bruiser doesn’t make a lot of sense

This guy will shine that Coastal offense. Just watch

I jumped in and out of his game last night alternating with the Braves..... saw a 50 yard td with a backward pass, and 60 or so punt return for a TD and a few other carries, but did not watch any of the second half and cannot find a boxscore to see his stats with my current google tactics. Anybody got a source for that? A few facts never hurt in these threads.

I jumped in and out of his game last night alternating with the Braves..... saw a 50 yard td with a backward pass, and 60 or so punt return for a TD and a few other carries, but did not watch any of the second half and cannot find a boxscore to see his stats with my current google tactics. Anybody got a source for that? A few facts never hurt in these threads.

Bishop's stats from last night haven't been updated yet, but this newspaper article says he ran for 205 yards and scored 3 total TDs: 53-yard reception, 74-yard run, and the 60-yard punt return. In Karns' first game, Bishop ran for 194 yards and 4 TDs on 29 carries.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Bishop's stats from last night haven't been updated yet, but this newspaper article says he ran for 205 yards and scored 3 total TDs: 53-yard reception, 74-yard run, and the 60-yard punt return. In Karns' first game, Bishop ran for 194 yards and 4 TDs on 29 carries.

Really think that 53 yards should be in his rushing stats. It sure looked like a backward pass as he was leaving the backfield real time. Will go back and check it when my sports day gets boring.

Unless he can enroll next week I’m not sure what good this does. We’ll most likely have 6 scholarship backs on the roster next season and aren’t a lot of people expecting Seldon to get a lot of reps there as well? Getting a guy that has been ran into the ground in HS and isn’t a burner nor a bruiser doesn’t make a lot of sense
So what is your theory behind Heupel still talking to him? You've assessed that he isn't good enough... so what is Heupel missing?

PS- who said Seldon was going to be a RB?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
So what is your theory behind Heupel still talking to him? You've assessed that he isn't good enough... so what is Heupel missing?

PS- who said Seldon was going to be a RB?
I didn’t say he was going to be a RB. Just that most people anticipate him to get some touches out of the backfield. Which I think is a safe assumption to make considering it will likely get him on the field quicker because of how much wildcat he runs in HS

I didn’t say he was going to be a RB. Just that most people anticipate him to get some touches out of the backfield.
Really? Which "most people" are you talking about? Do they have names? I don't think I've seen anyone say anything similar except that he might be capable.

Which I think is a safe assumption to make considering it will likely get him on the field quicker because of how much wildcat he runs in HS
He's a great athlete. He performs well in HS. I am glad he committed to UT and hope he is an all time great. But this kind of conjecture is about a million miles ahead of where he and UT are. He has potential. At this point all it is... is potential.

Your "safe assumptions" are nothing of the sort. There are numerous guys including some on the roster with great talent. It is possible if not likely that a backfield full of guys like Sampson won't need a WR to take reps from them.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
FTR, I would much rather he play on a team in HS that wasn't so dependent on him that they play him out of position. It isn't good for him and raises the risks of injury.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

You just don't get it. Point is most WR play corner or safety, RBs play linebacker, centers play nose tackle etc. There is no taking the play off for hardly any starter on a HS team. The only difference is he isn't carrying a football that as Bear Byrant said "ain't heavy". But what would Bear Bryant know.

You just don't get it. Point is most WR play corner or safety, RBs play linebacker, centers play nose tackle etc. There is no taking the play off for hardly any starter on a HS team. The only difference is he isn't carrying a football that as Bear Byrant said "ain't heavy". But what would Bear Bryant know.

So your point is... what? That two way players aren't at higher risk for getting injured than people who don't play both ways? You're doing a really terrible job laying out a coherent point.

All I have said is that number of reps in any sport/activity is directly correlated to injury. And your response is "well some people play both ways" as if that's a meaningful counterpoint

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back