‘23 TN RB Caleb Hampton

GoalDancer

C. Hampton from Baylor, class of 2023, de-committed from S. Carolina today.
Was committed for baseball, but supposedly was told he had a chance to play FB & BB.
5'10" 200#, high character, grades are not an issue, and a weight room stud. Coach Hype was at Baylor last Friday making the rounds, should have brought Tony V with him on the visit....

Last edited by a moderator:
Was committed for baseball, but supposedly was told he had a chance to play FB & BB.
5'10" 200#, high character, grades are not an issue, and a weight room stud. Coach Hype was at Baylor last Friday making the rounds, should have brought Tony V with him on the visit....
Looks like a prospect that can really flourish 3rd year in college.

Not very fast now, but runs hard. Breaks tackles.

Needs to learn to run not so upright ...

Linebacker would be a good move for him

Thank you Mr. Hampton.

He's a legit baseball player I know that. Hard seeing his future not being on the diamond.
He's also VOLS baseball commit Amari Jefferson's teammate. When I was reading the article I posted earlier, I kept thinking AJ's name sounded familiar. Chatt Baylor must be loaded with ball players

Thank you Mr. Hampton.

No, just a Baylor guy.
Just watched CH play for many years.
He doesn't have the measurables for LB (height, IMO), but he wants to play RB.
Runs hard, not a 4.3 guy, but not sure how many really are.
Was invited to a MLB camp over the summer, so his BB skills are legit.
But apparently he is taking a visit to VT for both.
Would hate for a TN kid to leave the state. (E. Howard from Baylor/ Knox Webb, went to VT also, after decommitting from TN)
Baylor has A. Jefferson and B. Sanders OT (Ole Miss commit) that I guess CJH was still in town recruiting last week. Also went to CCS to look at Boo Carter.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
He's also VOLS baseball commit Amari Jefferson's teammate. When I was reading the article I posted earlier, I kept thinking AJ's name sounded familiar. Chatt Baylor must be loaded with ball players
Baylor was #9 in the nation 2 years ago, took a step back last year but still had a good year and finished runner up to McCallie in a crazy game. They lost their ace to Virginia tho.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
No, just a Baylor guy.
Just watched CH play for many years.
He doesn't have the measurables for LB (height, IMO), but he wants to play RB.
Runs hard, not a 4.3 guy, but not sure how many really are.
Was invited to a MLB camp over the summer, so his BB skills are legit.
But apparently he is taking a visit to VT for both.
Would hate for a TN kid to leave the state. (E. Howard from Baylor/ Knox Webb, went to VT also, after decommitting from TN)
Baylor has A. Jefferson and B. Sanders OT (Ole Miss commit) that I guess CJH was still in town recruiting last week. Also went to CCS to look at Boo Carter.
Baylor also has Cameron Sparks

Is he good enough for a football scholarship? That's the problem with kids who want to play two sports. He may be great on the diamond, but if he plays football, he has to be carried on a football scholarship. If his future is baseball, and TV is offering, he should consider just chasing baseball. JMO.

Baylor was #9 in the nation 2 years ago, took a step back last year but still had a good year and finished runner up to McCallie in a crazy game. They lost their ace to Virginia tho.

Current Vol Christian Moore was also at Baylor a couple years ago playing FB and BB.
I just wonder, if an actual in-state guy were able to pull it off, playing both, what would an NIL deal look like?

VN Store

Back