'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Thank you. I am a huge Vol fan. Never troll my fellow fan.
I'm usually slow to believe. We've just been burned too many times by alleged "in the know" folks, so I try to grade these attempts with a higher level of discernment. Don't take it the wrong way if you're met with extreme skepticism.

That being said, after looking at all of the available information, I'd guess you're info is legit. Swan confirmation, and AP and Hubbs in full scramble mode to tamp it out seems like confirmation.

AP kinda irritated the Simpson's earlier on in the recruitment by leaking some info, so I can definitely see him going out of his way to make amends by keeping this quiet, perhaps to his own detriment.

If this is true, it will be a delicate balancing act.

Do you entertain Simpson who scorned you earlier?
Do you run the risk of losing Tayven Jackson who is a fine prospect in his own right and has been firmly committed to you for months?
The optics look good for the in state guy to stay home, but at what cost.
Simpson had an interview with someone from Rivals last week gushing over Nick Saban. Is Simpson really serious about UT or will this backfire and UT not get a high level QB at all if they go down this road? There's a lot to consider.

So unless I’m missing something, either:
  1. There is and has been no contact between UT and Ty Simpson, in which case Alabama sucks and this thread should die; or
  2. Ty Simpson might flip to UT, but neither Simpson nor Heupel wants any word of this to leak, in which case Alabama still sucks and this thread should die.
Do I have it right?

This is 100% true

That's also why he gets the info. AP gets people to trust him. Hubbs hired him because he scooped Eric Berry's commitment story. The Berry family wasn't talking to any media... except AP got them to trust him. He's good at what he does, in another life he could've made a bunch of money running a Ponzi scheme haha

1. There is and has been no contact between UT and Ty Simpson, in which case Alabama sucks and this thread should die; or
  2. Ty Simpson might flip to UT, but neither Simpson nor Heupel wants any word of this to leak, in which case Alabama still sucks and this thread should die.
Do I have it right?

1636399650445.gif

So when the Simpson recruitment was open, many in here said that getting him would be paramount to instate recruiting. It was said that getting Simpson would make instate guys come to TN. Knowing that, here is my question. Why would all the insiders like Hubbs, AP, Swain or anyone else be quiet on this? Wouldn’t it stand to reason that if Simpson had real interest in flipping to TN, they would be talking about it? Wouldn’t that be huge news for TN?

Do I have it right?
Yes….a universal truth, Bama sucks.

So when the Simpson recruitment was open, many in here said that getting him would be paramount to instate recruiting. It was said that getting Simpson would make instate guys come to TN. Knowing that, here is my question. Why would all the insiders like Hubbs, AP, Swain or anyone else be quiet on this? Wouldn’t it stand to reason that if Simpson had real interest in flipping to TN, they would be talking about it? Wouldn’t that be huge news for TN?
Setting up for a wild December... everything is extremely quiet.. I think that is on purpose and we're going to turn some heads very soon...

I just gonna sit back and wait. We ain’t got any control over it anyway.

Ty wouldn’t be my first choice anyway
Same. He's huge in terms of momentum and putting a stamp on the progress that the 2021 season has made on the state of our program (especially if you steal him from Bama), but he's an average talent, IMO. And I'm fine if that is the minority opinion, but I didn't shed a tear over him choosing Bama.

Because in their line of business, trustworthiness is king above all. Not to mention the connections they have with the university, itself. If recruits can't trust them, and the university can't trust them, they have no legs, no sources, and then no subscribers.

You don't really believe they report every ounce of information that's available to them, do you? If you want edgy (but not always reliable) information, Tony Basilio is your man. 98% of the time, VQ reports truth, and truth alone. But that narrative is heavily university-controlled.

VN Store

Back