'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

The young'ens don't get that. They probably don't even see it as a rivalry. All they've seen is 13 years of beatdowns.

Also heard he only became a fan the last 3-4 years. Seen it debated if he grew up a big fan but idk the truth.
As a young fan, I don't view it as a rivalry. I don't view Alabama, Georgia, or Florida as our rivals in football. They are just annual blowouts. I have never seen us beat Bama. I have seen us beat Florida once and Georgia twice. I am always much more interested in the KY, SC, and Mizzou games. Alabama, Georgia, and Florida just outclass us every year, hard to really dislike them when they are just so much better. But I really dislike KY, SC, and Mizzou.

Nah, I just don’t have paper thin skin and allow myself to get butthurt over where a 17 year old decides to go to school.

Again, I don’t see anyone getting “butthurt” over where Simpson goes to college.

Anytime you’re going up against a rival toe to toe in recruiting or an actual game, it’s natural for your instincts to kick in and hate the school you’re going up against. That’s just the competitiveness of the sport. That’s why we’re fans.

Whether he picks Tennessee, Clemson, or Bama tomorrow, doesn’t affect our personal lives. Sports are just hobbies to us.

As a young fan, I don't view it as a rivalry. I don't view Alabama, Georgia, or Florida as our rivals in football. They are just annual blowouts. I have never seen us beat Bama. I have seen us beat Florida once and Georgia twice. I am always much more interested in the KY, SC, and Mizzou games. Alabama, Georgia, and Florida just outclass us every year, hard to really dislike them when they are just so much better. But I really dislike KY, SC, and Mizzou.
Imagine having this outlook ...

I think if he goes to Bama he could eventually win the heisman. I think he’s that good. I know Horn is pretty good, but I want Simpson much more. So basically, if he commits to Bama tomorrow that would really suck.

I still have little hope he commits here, but I just don’t see it 😕 JMO

VQ - Does Ty really go into a room full of Vol fans that unknowingly hope for the best and pick Alabama or Clemson? Maybe he does but that is what hasn’t added up for me.

I agree with this, feel if he were going somewhere else he would have just announced it on social media.

There is only one place to start and that is with Ty Simpson. Decision day is finally here and I have viewed this thing from 10,000 feet and from a foot a way with a microscope. I could see this going so many different ways. Does Ty really go into a room full of Vol fans that unknowingly hope for the best and pick Alabama or Clemson? Maybe he does but that is what hasn’t added up for me.

That’s not to say that I think it’s Tennessee because I could make equal cases for Alabama and Clemson. Clemson is the furthest from home and they play in the ACC which is a negative for them. The help for the Tigers is the fact they have continuity.

Alabama is in the SEC and they got the final word with Simpson on Thursday night to the best of our knowledge, but we believe he spoke with Clemson and Tennessee as well. The hurt for Alabama was the coordinator change and the fact that Simpson isn’t as close with people at Alabama such as the players. Either way, the rubber meets the road today at 3 pm eastern.

Hubbs

I'm so sorry.

VQ - Does Ty really go into a room full of Vol fans that unknowingly hope for the best and pick Alabama or Clemson? Maybe he does but that is what hasn’t added up for me.

I agree with this, feel if he were going somewhere else he would have just announced it on social media.
😂 Somebody tell him that an athlete can have his moment even if it doesn't add up!

I think if he goes to Bama he could eventually win the heisman. I think he’s that good. I know Horn is pretty good, but I want Simpson much more. So basically, if he commits to Bama tomorrow that would really suck.

I still have little hope he commits here, but I just don’t see it 😕 JMO

So Ty is gonna have a better season than Mac Jones just had? The only thing that will really suck is when Ty commits to either Bama or Clemson and Horn tells us no thanks. Now that would suck royally.

Reactions: onevol74
Brent spelled it out for you all...
For this recruit...this 5 star IN-STATE QB...Brent is not going to say "I like where we are with him". It'd too big of a splash recruit for that.

Do you think Austin Price is going to tell you if he's actually going to Martin to cover when he said "If I feel good about Simpson I'll drive to Martin"????

- Clemson is a negative because of conference.
- Bama hurt themselves with the change of Sark (not that it really mattered), I mean he hasnt mentined Texas at all. And Brent even said he's not close to any Bama players

It's pretty damn obvious. Ty Simpson is going to be a Vol.

Dude went hunting with former and current players...

Yes he most certainly is
NO he most certainly is not.

I bet you'll say Tee's son is better if he signs with us...

I'm big on Kaden Salter, but he's not TY. Neither is Horn. But we can still win with either.

I swear you all can never be unbiased.
So if Ty signs with us tomorrow, is he all of sudden better than Salter?

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Brent spelled it out for you all...
For this recruit...this 5 star IN-STATE QB...Brent is not going to say "I like where we are with him". It'd too big of a splash recruit for that.

Do you think Austin Price is going to tell you if he's actually going to Martin to cover when he said "If I feel good about Simpson I'll drive to Martin"????

- Clemson is a negative because of conference.
- Bama hurt themselves with the change of Sark (not that it really mattered), I mean he hasnt mentined Texas at all. And Brent even said he's not close to any Bama players

It's pretty damn obvious. Ty Simpson is going to be a Vol.

Dude went hunting with former and current players...
what players?

VN Store

Back