'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

And you’re disappointed that he came to UT right? Since he obviously lacks character.
It was also a different era. No social media. That was really the only way to announce.

Also did Meachums father coach at university of oklahoma system system school? Lots of factors make that different.

So did you have an issue in 2003 when Robert Meachem shocked everyone and picked Tennessee in front of a bunch of Oklahoma fans? Did he lack character? Do you wish he had never stepped foot on the UT campus?
If you have to go back this far to find another example isnt that making Involuntary's point? It doesn't happen often as these young men are cognizant and therefore respectful of their audience.
I personally don't care as I think Horn is better, but the prospects of MLB make me leery. IMO

If he chooses Bama or Clemson I'm fine with it. It's a free country. I've had my employees come to me and say they are leaving for another job. I've said I understood and they need to do what's best for them and their families. All I've asked for them is to work a notice. When I've hired guys I've told them that if they needed to work a notice at their current employer that was fine. I couldn't expect them to not leave me hanging if I expected them to leave their previous employee hanging. All I've said is don't burn the bridge on your way out.

You're extremely naive if you don't think there will be TN fans in attendance holding out hope that he chooses their Vols. It's a community full of vol fans. Why disrespect those fans by giving them false hope? He should have publicly stated he was eliminating TN and saved those people from disappointment. He hasn't done that but quite the opposite saying stuff that keeps fans on the hook.

I've said all along I think he chooses the Vols. The main reason is I think he is a high character guy that wouldn't do that to his community. Maybe I'm wrong.

If there are adults out there who, on a weekday, would call out of work to personally attend the commitment ceremony of a 17 year old almost 10 months before early signing day then they have more to worry about than whether or not Ty chooses the Vols.

Reactions: kcvols1
If there are adults out there who, on a weekday, would call out of work to personally attend the commitment ceremony of a 17 year old almost 10 months before early signing day then they have more to worry about than whether or not Ty chooses the Vols.
What about people that are retired? What about other students? What about teachers? What about little league coaches. What about neighbors? There's lots of people that have followed him in that community that I'm sure are hoping that he chooses the Vols. Like I said, why not just eliminate the Vols so people can move him to the "oh well" department?

If he chooses Bama or Clemson I'm fine with it. It's a free country. I've had my employees come to me and say they are leaving for another job. I've said I understood and they need to do what's best for them and their families. All I've asked for them is to work a notice. When I've hired guys I've told them that if they needed to work a notice at their current employer that was fine. I couldn't expect them to not leave me hanging if I expected them to leave their previous employee hanging. All I've said is don't burn the bridge on your way out.

You're extremely naive if you don't think there will be TN fans in attendance holding out hope that he chooses their Vols. It's a community full of vol fans. Why disrespect those fans by giving them false hope? He should have publicly stated he was eliminating TN and saved those people from disappointment. He hasn't done that but quite the opposite saying stuff that keeps fans on the hook.

I've said all along I think he chooses the Vols. The main reason is I think he is a high character guy that wouldn't do that to his community. Maybe I'm wrong.

Haha I can’t stop laughing that you said “wouldn’t do that to his community” like a kid choosing a certain college is gonna affect any of these people’s lives in any way whatsoever.

Like he’s choosing between the Vols or starting a street gang.

Haha I can’t stop laughing that you said “wouldn’t do that to his community” like a kid choosing a certain college is gonna affect any of these people’s lives in any way whatsoever.

Like he’s choosing between the Vols or starting a street gang.
Lol. It's a small community. It's hugely painted orange. Unlike you they care about their university. They don't like seeing it disrespected. They have pride in it. It truly amazed me that your hang from this guy's junk so tight. You are anyone else hasn't given me one good reason for not just eliminating TN so people in his community won't get their hopes up. There's really only one reason.

Lol. It's a small community. It's hugely painted orange. Unlike you they care about their university. They don't like seeing it disrespected. They have pride in it. It truly amazed me that your hang from this guy's junk so tight. You are anyone else hasn't given me one good reason for not just eliminating TN so people in his community won't get their hopes up. There's really only one reason.

This is just so hyperbolic and ridiculous lol. Like, there is some impressively inane line of thinking in this argument.

Also, no one is hanging on “this guy’s junk” except maybe you since the method in which he is announcing is so concerning to you.

I do t recall any of that but if that's the case, yes. I think it's low class.
C’mon InVOLuntary, it’s fun and exciting when it goes our way. It sucks and is classless when it doesn’t. I personally hope the kid picks up a hat of bammer and Clemson, throws them on the ground, stomps them and points directly into the camera and says “I’m coming for you Saban” as he puts on a Tennessee hat!
I’ll be highly pi$$ed if he picks any school other than Tennessee and would probably light him up on Twitter, if I participated in Twitter.
GBO!!

Realistically, Clemson should be his destination. Why wouldn’t you go play for the Team and HC that has produced a top 10 NFL QB and a soon to be #1 overall pick. Easy decision if it’s me, worst case scenario you don’t make it and transfer to another P5 school and try again.

Why are people upset? He is not the best prospect on our board and will be sitting on the bench at least a couple of years regardless of which school he chooses. Maybe even longer at Bama. He is only a five star because he supposedly is down to Clemson and Bama. Before he minimized UT he was only a 4 star. Did he have a change on the field this last week? No.

VN Store

Back