'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

What kind of reception would he get if he was a student at a highschool in Birmingham with a legitimate offer to Bama and he announced TN? Anyone in their right mind wouldn't do that at a public setting in Birmingham. To me it's obvious that you should consider your audience. If he's picking a school other than Tennessee he should have eliminated TN to not give TN fans false hope. But maybe he doesn't give a crap about TN fans.

I’m guessing Ty assumes that his audience is made up of adults who don’t get their feelings hurt over where a 17 year old decides to go to school.

Reactions: Kristy* and Vol423
Don’t disagree with you...IF we could land Horn. Then all in but after that do you have the same mentality with Tevin Carter, Braden Smith et al?
No I agree only if we get Horn. But I also don’t love banking our QB spot this class on trying to flip Simpson. At some point you have to move on and pick your guy and roll with it. Completely different from recruiting any other position.

Couldn't wait to get home from work to respond.....
Any athlete is entitled to announce anyway they want to to have their moment.

Any fan is entitled to feel the way they feel about an athlete's choice.

The point was....why would a supposed Tennessee fan living in Tennessee choose to announce going to AL surrounded by Tennessee fans??? How could that possibly be considered "having your moment"???

He may not be a Tennessee fan. The kids at his school may not care about Tennessee the way their parents do.

If he chooses TN I will be a huge fan because he is choosing us when he could take the easy way. If he chooses another school,especially AL, I will hope he watches that program fall while ours rises. I am a Tennessee fan not an athlete fan.

Couldn't wait to get home from work to respond.....
Any athlete is entitled to announce anyway they want to to have their moment.

Any fan is entitled to feel the way they feel about an athlete's choice.

The point was....why would a supposed Tennessee fan living in Tennessee choose to announce going to AL surrounded by Tennessee fans??? How could that possibly be considered "having your moment"???

He may not be a Tennessee fan. The kids at his school may not care about Tennessee the way their parents do.

If he chooses TN I will be a huge fan because he is choosing us when he could take the easy way. If he chooses another school,especially AL, I will hope he watches that program fall while ours rises. I am a Tennessee fan not an athlete fan.
My first UT game was in 1985. I remember so many great sights, sounds, smells.

It was never any doubt. There was only one team. Never a question. Still no question.

From that time to now, Alabama is the enemy.

My first UT game was in 1985. I remember so many great sights, sounds, smells.

It was never any doubt. There was only one team. Never a question. Still no question.

From that time to now, Alabama is the enemy.
Yes, fans know who the enemy is! Nothing like being at the game with 100,000 other fans that know who the enemy is!

Yep
He chooses bama or Clemson.... **** him
On to the next
I’m not gonna cheer or compliment a guy who chooses another team over the VOLS
I don't understand why that's a bad concept. Cheer for your guys, screw the other guys. Some of these guys are more fans of the players than they are their school.

I don't understand why that's a bad concept. Cheer for your guys, screw the other guys. Some of these guys are more fans of the players than they are their school.

I’m not a Ty Simpson fan. I’m a Tennessee fan. But it’s possible to both be a Tennessee fan and not think Ty is trying to “get his jollies off” by not picking us in a public ceremony.

As I said earlier, he very well could have great interest in TN but ultimately decide to go elsewhere, and if that’s the case it’s not classless to have a ceremony. He can have one day to celebrate his hard work how he wants to celebrate, and then from that point forward I will hope he loses every single game.

Reactions: Kristy*
And I can't understand the weird fascination to call in a bunch of Vol fans to announce he's going to Alabama. But I guess some get off on rubbing peoples faces in stuff to make themselves feel better. Like I said It's classless and if he does that I don't want him anywhere near this program and I hope they stop recruiting him. Character means something to me and that would display a serious character flaw.
So did you have an issue in 2003 when Robert Meachem shocked everyone and picked Tennessee in front of a bunch of Oklahoma fans? Did he lack character? Do you wish he had never stepped foot on the UT campus?

Reactions: msanford52
I’m not a Ty Simpson fan. I’m a Tennessee fan. But it’s possible to both be a Tennessee fan and not think Ty is trying to “get his jollies off” by not picking us in a public ceremony.

As I said earlier, he very well could have great interest in TN but ultimately decide to go elsewhere, and if that’s the case it’s not classless to have a ceremony. He can have one day to celebrate his hard work how he wants to celebrate, and then from that point forward I will hope he loses every single game.
If he chooses Bama or Clemson I'm fine with it. It's a free country. I've had my employees come to me and say they are leaving for another job. I've said I understood and they need to do what's best for them and their families. All I've asked for them is to work a notice. When I've hired guys I've told them that if they needed to work a notice at their current employer that was fine. I couldn't expect them to not leave me hanging if I expected them to leave their previous employee hanging. All I've said is don't burn the bridge on your way out.

You're extremely naive if you don't think there will be TN fans in attendance holding out hope that he chooses their Vols. It's a community full of vol fans. Why disrespect those fans by giving them false hope? He should have publicly stated he was eliminating TN and saved those people from disappointment. He hasn't done that but quite the opposite saying stuff that keeps fans on the hook.

I've said all along I think he chooses the Vols. The main reason is I think he is a high character guy that wouldn't do that to his community. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yep
He chooses bama or Clemson.... **** him
On to the next
I’m not gonna cheer or compliment a guy who chooses another team over the VOLS
Lmao...you just said "**** him" to a 17/18 year old kid. You're a winner.

VN Store

Back