'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

He decommited before he opened it back up. Dabo won't let his recruits flirt with others while committed. He makes them decommit and risk their spot if he finds out. Dabo's a huge douche, but that's what he does.

Hell, that’s one thing I agree with Dabo on. I think a kid commits and a school accepts it, both should be held to it. Bo Pelini thinks kids should be able to sign whenever. So do it. It would stop the ******** commitment

So this is weird.

The 50/50 quote came from Wiltfong.

Yesterday Wiltfong also uploaded a video where he discussed Ty.

The video makes it seem like Tennessee is in it. The quote doesn't.

These recruiting services are so ambiguous. Just shows you can sell some people anything.

Hell, that’s one thing I agree with Dabo on. I think a kid commits and a school accepts it, both should be held to it. Bo Pelini thinks kids should be able to sign whenever. So do it. It would stop the ******** commitment
We'd never here the end of that with kids changing their minds and wanting out.

Lol. Everyone owes everyone class. It should be standard operating procedure.

What I’m asking is why should he show more “class” to UT just because he is from the state? You wouldn’t have any issue with this if we was from anywhere else. Also, what exactly has he done that is so classless? To my knowledge he never asked UT fans for 10k follows on his Twitter account and he hasn’t picked up a UT hat during his ceremony and threw it to the side before choosing UGA. You’re saying he’s classless for not letting us know we were out of the running before his commitment to a school almost 10 months before early signing day. That seems incredibly thin skinned if you ask me.

What I’m asking is why should he show more “class” to UT just because he is from the state? You wouldn’t have any issue with this if we was from anywhere else. Also, what exactly has he done that is so classless? To my knowledge he never asked UT fans for 10k follows on his Twitter account and he hasn’t picked up a UT hat during his ceremony and threw it to the side before choosing UGA. You’re saying he’s classless for not letting us know we were out of the running before his commitment to a school almost 10 months before early signing day. That seems incredibly thin skinned if you ask me.

So what’s wrong with just coming out and flat out eliminating TN? After Pruitt was fired, why not just say I am no longer considering TN and instead will be focusing only in these schools? I don’t think Ty owes us anything. But K don’t see the problem in letting TN know he has no interest in coming here.

So what’s wrong with just coming out and flat out eliminating TN? After Pruitt was fired, why not just say I am no longer considering TN and instead will be focusing only in these schools? I don’t think Ty owes us anything. But K don’t see the problem in letting TN know he has no interest in coming here.

Because Ty might actually have some interest in coming here, but ultimately decide not to do so for a number of reasons. It’s not that complicated.

Reactions: DarthVol1

It seems like he still has interest in UT since he talked to Heupel this past Saturday. As we all know, nothing is locked in until the player signs the NLI (and sometimes not even then lol).

Saying it's 50/50 bama-clemson is a not too subtle way of telling us we are out of the running, but people be like:

Reactions: Vol423
I’m not sold on the “keep recruiting him even if he commits somewhere else”. We would need to move on completely especially if we can get Horn. Go all in on Horn and just forget Ty. QBs rarely flip anyways and it’s not like we would sign both of them.
Don’t disagree with you...IF we could land Horn. Then all in but after that do you have the same mentality with Tevin Carter, Braden Smith et al?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
What kind of reception would he get if he was a student at a highschool in Birmingham with a legitimate offer to Bama and he announced TN? Anyone in their right mind wouldn't do that at a public setting in Birmingham. To me it's obvious that you should consider your audience. If he's picking a school other than Tennessee he should have eliminated TN to not give TN fans false hope. But maybe he doesn't give a crap about TN fans.

I’m not sold on the “keep recruiting him even if he commits somewhere else”. We would need to move on completely especially if we can get Horn. Go all in on Horn and just forget Ty. QBs rarely flip anyways and it’s not like we would sign both of them.
If he announces another school, screw him. He's the enemy. Get a kid that wants to be a vol. I'm tired of these "hit men" that we've had. Get kids that want to be here for something other than the McDonald's bag.

It depends on how bad Heupel wants Simpson.

Even if he chooses Bama or Clemson, his recruitment will go on all the way to NSD.
Very rarely do QBs change their commitment. All the good ones commit early, and this is typically by advantage for the school that receives the commitment so that they can build their team around the most important player on the field. Very unlikely he changes his mind after he commits. Not impossible but unlikely.

Just my opinion but Ty just doesn’t look or come off like a Bama guy. He comes off more like someone that would go to Clemson or TN.
I agree. Also, I can see Clemson being the one 'making' him pick now whereas I don't know if that's how Bama usually rolls.

VN Store

Back