'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Ty just told 247 it is 50-50 Bama Clemson. We are 3rd

For the “last three weeks” Clemson had led for Martin (Tenn.) Westview 247Sports Composite five-star quarterback Ty Simpson, but two days out from his college decision, he tells 247Sports it’s “about 50-50” right now between the Tigers and Alabama.

Tennessee is the third program still in the picture.
Why have three teams in it and everyone on their heels until almost the very end and then tip your hand on any one of the three, positively or negatively? Something doesn't add up.

For the “last three weeks” Clemson had led for Martin (Tenn.) Westview 247Sports Composite five-star quarterback Ty Simpson, but two days out from his college decision, he tells 247Sports it’s “about 50-50” right now between the Tigers and Alabama.

Well he won't be a math major. 50/50 doesn't allow for a third option.

With this commitment, we won't be out of it until pen hits paper in December...I'm not gonna be upset if he picks Clemson/Bama this week
If he picks Clemson he will have to stay with them if he wants his spot. It’s Dabo’s policy that you stop talking to other schools once you commit or he pulls your offer.

Well, @secking (rusty), did just say this in the James thread about Simpson... interesting timing

The fact Simpson has tried this hard to keep it close to the vest to create suspense, if it was me, I’d hint at the schools I’m not picking, say Bama/Clemson, and not mention the school I plan to attend. I’m not saying that is the plan, but it’s set up perfect to be a Big News Splash in the recruiting world if he picks UT.

Last edited:
Well he won't be a math major. 50/50 doesn't allow for a third option.
It makes sense if he’s really 50/50 Bama/Clemson and he’s just throwing the Vols a mention as a solid because he’s a fan. It’s either some major league smokescreen or he’s trying to let us down easy before Friday. I’m leaning towards the latter unfortunately.

Reactions: LoudOrange
If he picks Clemson he will have to stay with them if he wants his spot. It’s Dabo’s policy that you stop talking to other schools once you commit or he pulls your offer.
right... but with him growing up a Tennessee boy and being a life long fan, I think he will consider us until the end regardless

Not true. They still pursued Korey Foreman in last year’s class after he de-committed.

With that recent 247 update from Devo I’m once again flipping my Crystal Ball prediction. This time from Vols back to Clemson confidence level 7

247 is just playing it safe considering Clemson is in better shape than we are. He doesn’t know.

Ty will follow his heart and pick the Vols.

Reactions: MMA81
We are the most unlucky fan base... absolutely incredible. The social experiment continues...

Higgins, Lawrence, Etienne, Mays (for a little bit), many more, and now Simpson...

WHEN DOES IT END

Well Mays and Simpson - it’d prob help if the staff recruiting them wasn’t fired just before they made their decision

It makes sense if he’s really 50/50 Bama/Clemson and he’s just throwing the Vols a mention as a solid because he’s a fan. It’s either some major league smokescreen or he’s trying to let us down easy before Friday. I’m leaning towards the latter unfortunately.
Don’t need his charity, need his signature on an NLI

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch

Can we put a lid on this now?

It's been said before, but I really don't get how you can be signed, sealed, and delivered to come play Buck Belue or Pat Washington in the Pruitt offense, and then back out when we hire the guy whose run one of the most productive and QB-friendly offenses in college football the last three years.
That just goes to show that those that say what’s posted here is harmful to recruiting.

If recruits actually new or cared what we said , especially the last couple of years, hardly any would consider coming here and 0 QBs would even think about it. Yet it seems they were considering the opposite and actually leaning towards coming here for Pruitt.
It makes no sense, all the evidence says it would be a major mistake for a QB

Reactions: Dudley Smith
With this commitment, we won't be out of it until pen hits paper in December...I'm not gonna be upset if he picks Clemson/Bama this week
I’ve been on the record that he’s already picked us and that was solidified after Heupel’s first phone call. Since I’m ALWAYS WRONG, if he picks Clemson or Bama and IF we can haul in Horn (not assuming that’s a sure thing), then we’re DONE...because that’ll be our guy.

VN Store

Back