'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

AP said he thinks Ty is really struggling with a decision & hasn’t quite made one yet. Good news for us if that’s the case
If he is truly struggling with a decision, it sounds like he needs to wait until he is sure what he wants to do. Anyone know why he is so adamant to do it now, especially if he is unsure what he wants to do. To me, it would make a lot more sense to wait before making a big decision, but then again a lot of things don't make sense to me anymore.

AP said he thinks Ty is really struggling with a decision & hasn’t quite made one yet. Good news for us if that’s the case
If what AP is stating is factual then Bama is out and it's between us and Clemson. If it were between us and Bama he could move it back easily, but since it seems he wants to do it now it has to involve Clemson with their track record of getting guys in the boat early. JMO

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
If what AP is stating is factual then Bama is out and it's between us and Clemson. If it were between us and Bama he could move it back easily, but since it seems he wants to do it now it has to involve Clemson with their track record of getting guys in the boat early. JMO
I hope he chooses UT and sticks it to "get in the boat early" Dabby.

If he is truly struggling with a decision, it sounds like he needs to wait until he is sure what he wants to do. Anyone know why he is so adamant to do it now, especially if he is unsure what he wants to do. To me, it would make a lot more sense to wait before making a big decision, but then again a lot of things don't make sense to me anymore.
In the podcast last week AP said if he delays the decision he might as well pick UT because Alabama and Clemson will move on.

I agree that he is facing direct competition at any of his finalists. I believe the idea was more that he didn’t want to face competition within his own class. In other words, he isn’t really open to signing with a school intent on signing 2 QBs in the ‘22 class.

Again, this isn’t my theory or personal speculation. It was just something mentioned roughly a year ago (~8-10 months, maybe).
Makes sense.

Reactions: cncchris33

I think there is pressure coming from Clemson and/or Alabama to poop or get off the pot. They are in a position to make demands. If we’re playing it cool and telling him to take his time then we might have a decent shot.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
Playing for a national championship with NFL talent all around you or joining the beginning of a total rebuild at a school with NCAA sanctions on the horizon. Logic.
Yep, dirtiest program in CF. At some point Bama’s KARMA changes and are exposed fior what they are. However, I give Saba credit for getting the most from his semi-pro teams.

Yep, dirtiest program in CF. At some point Bama’s KARMA changes and are exposed fior what they are. However, I give Saba credit for getting the most from his semi-pro teams.
Despite what we may know or think we know, it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove, and we are the ones that just got popped with our hand in the cookie jar looking like a bunch of amateurs who cheated and didn’t even win.

I think there is pressure coming from Clemson and/or Alabama to poop or get off the pot. They are in a position to make demands. If we’re playing it cool and telling him to take his time then we might have a decent shot.
Not that either of them (Bama or Clemson) will struggle to get players if he goes elsewhere but most schools push for the high profile QBs to commit early. Its a very good peer recruiting tool and the staff can sell the idea better as well.

If you re UT you just hope to get a player like that right now (at any point) given the circumstances. Getting him to commit early is a added bonus to the rest of what you are recruiting. Especially instate kids.

Not that either of them (Bama or Clemson) will struggle to get players if he goes elsewhere but most schools push for the high profile QBs to commit early. Its a very good peer recruiting tool and the staff can sell the idea better as well.

If you re UT you just hope to get a player like that right now (at any point) given the circumstances. Getting him to commit early is a added bonus to the rest of what you are recruiting. Especially instate kids.
It would instantly change the trajectory of this class.

Despite what we may know or think we know, it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove, and we are the ones that just got popped with our hand in the cookie jar looking like a bunch of amateurs who cheated and didn’t even win.
Yep, courtesy of a former Bama player and DC. Business normal for Bama with Emmet as NCAA President.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yep, courtesy of a former Bama player and DC. Business normal for Bama with Emmet as NCAA President.
I think it’s that, but they’ve mastered it and Saban isn’t allegedly driving around with reporters making stops at the ATM. I still can’t believe the sloppiness and ineptitude of those f____ing guys.

Reactions: Mightyvol

I get business decisions, but this kid seemed all orange until Pruitt left...a 3-7 Pruitt and Weinke coached team...

The blood runneth....

Playing for a national championship with NFL talent all around you or joining the beginning of a total rebuild at a school with NCAA sanctions on the horizon. Logic.

Our offense is loaded with talent, and we have a great ofensively-minded coach and staff. It's the defense that's the question here. We could have a 1-year bowl ban - this year - and be competing for championships before Ty leaves. Logic.

VN Store

Back