'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I’ll admit, I thought Clemson was the overwhelming favorite and that’s where it felt like he was going to land. Kudos to the staff for making the decision harder on Ty. Hopefully we can hold off the allure of Bama. It would hurt more to see him in crimson than to see him in the not so great shade of Orange in SC.

If you can play, the NFL will find you. If they can find guys like Steve McNair, Jerry Rice, or shoot, even go to the Arena League and find Kurt Warner (just to name a few), then they will certainly find a guy at UT.

I don't believe it'll be all about getting to the league with Ty. He loves the Vols, and always wanted to be one, and now he has the chance to make that happen.
He wanted to be a Vol so much, that he was going to commit to Pruitt, Chaney, and Weinke!
When they all got fired, he was just looking for a reason to still go to UT ... and they hired Heupel.

Oh, he's gonna be a Vol.

(Disclaimer - I know nothing, check my stats ... just my opinion from listening to him being interviewed and various podcasts)

Don’t see how it’s anywhere else but here . With all the talk of him wanting to be the guy not a guy . Also, the mention being close to home. We are closer to home than Bama. The press conference seemed to also be a recruiting pitch for QBs, not naming or pointing fingers but sounded like that was to Ty. Idk if it’s Bama but if so like I’ve stated in another thread JH if he has the same success here as those other stops then we will have a stud in a year or 2 . All these people saying it’s Bama I get it we are down with our pants around our ankles but I truly believe kid wants to be a Vol. Maybe we can reel him in idk if not move on.

If you have a top rated QB who chooses not to accept an offer and the main reason is because of the competition for the starting spot, he's not really a top rated QB. I'm not saying that about Simpson but some on here are speculating about that.

I hope he chooses Tennessee and I hope he is as good as many on this board think he is. But, you can't tell it from his HS accomplishments. Apparently, he is on a very good 7 v 7 team and he shows up very well against top rated competition there.

Westview was a very good football program for a long time until the HC left and went to Mayfield, Ky as a DC 4 or 5 years ago. They havent' been very good since then even with one of the top rated QBs in the nation the last 3 years. That is a bit concerning but then I haven't seen him play since his Freshman year at Martin.

I will say, most of the highlight plays you see him make are where he is running for his life and throws a deep pass on the run to a WR way down field. Come to think of it, with that being the case, he should feel right at home at UT!

Ty wants a reason to pick UT.

I have no doubt at some point this year, he will commit to UT.

More importantly, I believe he will sign with UT.

So what happens next week is actually irrelevant outside of the fact it could help jump start the in-state recruiting - and that is very important.

Nah, if he commits to Bama in a few weeks he will stay committed. Plus I imagine we actually will get Horn then anyway and will have moved on. So many needs this class.

I agree that Simpson WANTS a reason to go to UT, I just think the timing is off.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Nah, if he commits to Bama in a few weeks he will stay committed. Plus I imagine we actually will get Horn then anyway and will have moved on. So many needs this class.

I agree that Simpson WANTS a reason to go to UT, I just think the timing is off.

Exactly. Simpson isn’t the type of kid to flip flop on his commitment when he will be one of the centerpieces of the recruiting class wherever he chooses.

Also, it’s not like we are going to go out and win 10 games this year and create some huge recruiting buzz. We will be clawing to win 6-7 games, and most likely will have a bowl ban.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
Exactly. Simpson isn’t the type of kid to flip flop on his commitment when he will be one of the centerpieces of the recruiting classes wherever he chooses.

Also, it’s not like we are going to go out and win 10 games this year and create some huge recruiting buzz. We will be clawing to win 6-7 and most likely will have a bowl ban.

You think Simpson would be the centerpiece of Bamas 22 class???

You think Simpson would be the centerpiece of Bamas 22 class???
yeah...cause the top player at every single position wont trump this.
CFB is great contradiction in sports. Lets put all kinds of rules out there to create more competition instead foster greatest dynasty in modern era.

VN Store

Back