'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I can see that he definitely has read progression down. It may be a thing where he’s advanced and playing a higher IQ level of football that his teammates aren’t able to play, I don’t know.
lol, i have no idea. not being an ass, i just dont know.

i think it was bra that said salter is more raw than this guy.

And that really matters.
The talent on tape doesn't match the offer list, IMO. I've been saying that for months in opposition to those who want to cite his offer list as proof of his worth. Just interesting to see more people come around to that line of thinking, as well. You most often see that type reversal when recruiting takes a turn for the worst with a kid (see the "we didn't want him anyway" type posts). In this case, we may actually be the favorite for Simpson, but more and more people are seemingly seeing the same discrepancy between offer list and game film that I saw.

It's not that it "really matters", so much, as it is an interesting discussion in the sense that an overwhelming majority of our fanbase here on VN are prone to blindly defend our commitments and strong leans, tooth and nail, even more so when they are instate kids.

Reactions: Brick_By_Brick
The talent on tape doesn't match the offer list, IMO. I've been saying that for months in opposition to those who want to cite his offer list as proof of his worth. Just interesting to see more people come around to that line of thinking, as well. You most often see that type reversal when recruiting takes a turn for the worst with a kid (see the "we didn't want him anyway" type posts). In this case, we may actually be the favorite for Simpson, but more and more people are seemingly seeing the same discrepancy between offer list and game film that I saw.

It's not that it "really matters", so much, as it is an interesting discussion in the sense that an overwhelming majority of our fanbase here on VN are prone to blindly defend our commitments and strong leans, tooth and nail, even more so when they are instate kids.
I couldn’t give a fiddlers F*** where a kid comes from as long as they are ballers and help us win. I don’t care about in state.

I couldn’t give a fiddlers F*** where a kid comes from as long as they are ballers and help us win. I don’t care about in state.
Same here. Perhaps, then you'd be surprised how much it matters to some people to believe a kid knows more of what it means to "give his all for Tennessee" solely because he resides within the state borders.

Your percentages are stupid. That and the Colton Jumper’s dad bought him a starting job belong in the Vol Fan Dumbazz HOF. Butch did enough wrong that we shouldn’t have to invent crap.

Stupid? I don't know about the Jumper thing but the Dormady thing happened lol.

As long as you’re counting. He’s a take if the coaches aren’t as flighty as us. Horn would be a very good consolation prize if Simpson goes Clemson.

Stupid? I don't know about the Jumper thing but the Dormady thing happened lol.
lol What exactly HAPPENED? He betrothed his goddaughter in return for starting 3-4 games? Yet they got married and had a kid after he went with JG? The same JG who’s the definition of failure in every thread now? So odd a conspiracy that it’s unbelievable...so I don’t. lol

Reactions: MarcoVol
It’s his potential and his ceiling of what he could be, is why his offer list is so good. Like Smokeytom said, he has some things about his game that you can’t teach. Yeah, Horn is a better pure passer but Ty is no slouch. To me, I take Horn no matter what if it looks like Ty is slipping away, since Horn really wants to be a Vol. I think some are reading too far into the whole deal with Ty wanting to be the guy. Most high rated QBs prefer to be the dude of their team’s class. HB wanted to be the guy and we honored it

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I love these threads. There’s usually one to three each year where posters randomly pick sides and fight tooth and nail about which prospect is better based on their review of the “film.” I question most posters’ ability to analyze the “film.” I further don’t understand why people have time to watch the “film” presuming they’re not coaches who are paid to watch the “film.”

I’ll say this: Clemson has made Simpson the #1 QB target. Keep in mind that Clemson is selective in its offers and targets and has gotten the very best for years now. For just two examples, DJ Uiagalelei #10 player and #1 QB in 2020 according to 247 and Trevor Lawrence #1 player and QB in 2018 according to 247. Oh yea, Clemson also had Deshaun Watson and Tajh Boyd. So, seeing as how Clemson knows QBs and gets the best QBs, I’m banking on Simpson being the real deal and UT should do everything possible to land him.

I love these threads. There’s usually one to three each year where posters randomly pick sides and fight tooth and nail about which prospect is better based on their review of the “film.” I question most posters’ ability to analyze the “film.” I further don’t understand why people have time to watch the “film” presuming they’re not coaches who are paid to watch the “film.”

I’ll say this: Clemson has made Simpson the #1 QB target. Keep in mind that Clemson is selective in its offers and targets and has gotten the very best for years now. For just two examples, DJ Uiagalelei #10 player and #1 QB in 2020 according to 247 and Trevor Lawrence #1 player and QB in 2018 according to 247. Oh yea, Clemson also had Deshaun Watson and Tajh Boyd. So, seeing as how Clemson knows QBs and gets the best QBs, I’m banking on Simpson being the real deal and UT should do everything possible to land him.
We've all heard it before. But, this kid seems to really like TN, at this point.

Sam Horn is better and wants to be a Vol. shame we are wasting time with this kid. Also the fact that he has to be “the guy” in the class is a red flag. SELFISH
Horn is my favorite so far but haven't seen his junior film yet so...

I see a playmaker on that tape. I think I still like Horn more as a pure passer, but Simpson has a lot of stuff you can’t teach. Y’all must’ve gotten into ole @TrippieRedd ’s stash again
This is my opinion, but I agree with the part about him having stuff you can't teach. The "it" factor people talk about. I think he has lots of things that need to be cleaned up from a technical standpoint. But coaches know they can fix that. Coaches don't want a QB like JG that has tools but lacks in the areas that are outside of their control. I bet Simpson also comes off extremely well in a film session meeting with a QB/OC coach. Grew up around the game with a dad that's is a college coach. And that is something that doesn't always show up in film when you are playing high school football with schemes and teammates that are not as advanced.

A school can usurp their way into that group, like UGA and LSU have done, but you have to knock it out of the park on your coaching hire and get some transcendent players in their first class. If Pruitt had peeled us a couple of Bama commits and maybe not wasted time coaching the Tide in the playoffs, we might be in a different position right now.

LMAO. No way this is a serious take.

VN Store

Back