'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Kid looks like a stud already. Watched him close and he placed the ball better than 90-95% of the HS QBs in-state. He reads quickly and make sure decisions. Will keep getting better with development but he looks GOOD for a young QB. You can tell his dad is a coach for sure. Arm is nice too.

I have seen this kid play the past few years he is no doubt a stud athlete. A little surprised he has been offered a D1 scholarship this early. But he also turns 16 before he gets out of the 8th grade. Somehow they were able to hold him back 2 years. Btw I’m not making this up, this has come from people in Martin.

I have seen this kid play the past few years he is no doubt a stud athlete. A little surprised he has been offered a D1 scholarship this early. But he also turns 16 before he gets out of the 8th grade. Somehow they were able to hold him back 2 years. Btw I’m not making this up, this has come from people in Martin.

Maybe he was 9 when he started Kindergarten

?!! Lmao I was 14 when I finished freshman year of HS

Ty Simpson, Westview, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Westview coach Trey Cantrell has watched video of his incoming freshman quarterback. “As a quarterback, I’d just describe him as fundamentally sound,” Cantrell told Land of 10. “He does all the things older quarterbacks can do. He does it better. I’ve mostly seen drill work of his on video, and in junior high it’s hard to say, ‘This kid is going to be great.’ ”Michigan offers scholarship to ‘fundamentally sound’ eighth-grade QB Ty Simpson

UT Vols: Tennessee football makes offer to freshman Ty Simpson

2018 TY SIMPSON RECRUITING TAPE - YouTube

He'll be graduating high school at age 20? How is that even possible? It's a major red flag when a student has to repeat a grade, let alone repeating 2 grades.

Reactions: feathersax
He'll be graduating high school at age 20? How is that even possible? It's a major red flag when a student has to repeat a grade, let alone repeating 2 grades.

They are not always held back because of grades/intellectual development. It has become very common to hold kids back for athletic purposes.

They are not always held back because of grades/intellectual development. It has become very common to hold kids back for athletic purposes.

My limited understanding of how to game the system for athletic development is to at some point in middle school completely tank on academics, pull the kid out of school, or do something where he will be repeating a grade before going to high school. That way the kid can refocus on academics once in high shcool and be just fine with academics when applying to college.

The other way to get an extra year after you're done with high school, is to attend one of those "prep schools" or military acadamies for an extra year of schooling before going to college. This seems to be a more common route for basketball players from my cursory knowledge. But at most you can get an extra year....I'm stumped how this kid gets an extra 2 years though.

Reactions: 1 person

Very common. I was friends with an athlete who played for (UGA) where in middle school they held him back before high school for athletic reasons. Later on i heard it's common everywhere when a high school has a big prospect.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He turns 16 in August from what I’ve heard. Good kid off the field on it specially the baseball field. He totally losses it, barking at the 3rd and 1st baseman. When he sails 4 ft over their head from behind the plate. Trying to run through the first man or tries to step on his foot when he grounds out. Guess the worst was when the manager tried to pull him from the mound to go play short and he refuses and then throws the ball in the dirt to the shortstop never handed the ball to the manager.
Great arm talent though coach ability keeping his cool are a real concern.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back