'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

If a staff can't get their #1 target in their home state to at least delay their announcement and consider them in one month, it doesn't bode well for their recruiting abilities.
PhEHEz3.gif

If a staff can't get their #1 target in their home state to at least delay their announcement and consider them in one month, it doesn't bode well for their recruiting abilities.
What do you do for a living? Have you ever come in and had to rebuild a team that was a sh!tshow and deal with the broken relationships left behind from your predecessors?

You are being way too naïve on this.

Vol.

If a fan can't give their new coach the benefit of the doubt in their first month on the job, it doesn't speak well to their fan abilities.

That should put your mind at ease then..... he has delayed his announcement once and he has considered us.

Hmmm so can you give us any evidence that Simpson isn’t considering us? Kind of weird that after what we have been through you are already cutting on this staffs recruiting abilities.

Really depends where in state, you could create a heat map for this:

Memphis: Split UT, Bama, Ole MIss with a little Arky. Edge: UT
Rest of West Tennessee: Solid UT
Metro Nashville and surrounding counties: tOSU, Bama, UT, now Clempson. No edge, lots of transients from all over the country.
Rural Middle Tennessee: Bama/UT. Edge: UT
East Tennessee: UT/Clemson. Solid Edge: UT

Though UT has edge in most areas, the population boom in middle Tennessee actually skews the weighted average to out of state schools.

Answer: We just have to get good again. Problem solved.

How many 4-5 star recruits in the last 10 years have gone to UT from Nashville and surrounding areas? Hurd, Barnett, Gaulden, Reeves-Maybin, Malone, Chandler, Jennings, Kyle Phillips, Jack Jones, Justin Martin, Bituli, Gray, Alontae Taylor, Lampley, and Lawrence.

And how many 4-5 star recruits from Knoxville and surrounding areas chose UT? Todd Kelly and Cooper Mays. Both legacies. And Tyler Baron (who moved from Middle TN). That's about it. Tee Higgins, Harrison Smith, Amari Rodgers (another legacy)...they all went elsewhere. Hell, even Cade Mays (another legacy) went to Georgia before transferring back.

Top rated Nashville kids seem much more likely to go to UT than top rated Knoxville kids. The mid-state has been much more loyal to UT than East Tennessee.

Reactions: onevol74
I am not sure I can be that harsh. Of course I would like to have him and I think we would have signed him before all the recruiting stuff broke and there is no information about how the NCAA is going to come down on Tennessee. While I think he is till interested in Tennessee, I can not blame him if he chooses to go somewhere else. He is a smart person and his Father knows a lot of football. I have no idea if his father has helped him in making his decision. I still think we have more than a 50-50 chance of getting him.

What do you do for a living? Have you ever come in and had to rebuild a team that was a sh!tshow and deal with the broken relationships left behind from your predecessors?

You are being way too naïve on this.

Vol.
Some would call it moranic. Hell, who am I kidding...most would.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Where did Austin say he is not going to Martin?
He equivocated a bit. Said he has a contigency plan, albei jokingly, but that he wasnt going.

Where did he say it? I'm still waiting on my free air handler, once received i'll feel more comfortable divulging my secret.

Hard to do that these days. Especially with no camps/visits etc. kids are locking their spots in now. Clemson and Bama gave him a deadline because they need to know if they should
Move on to another target. So he can’t push it back anymore. If he does he might as well commit to TN as the others are not waiting. So he knows he might as well announce for one of the 3 now because if he delays then everyone will already know it’s TN. So even if he picks TN no need to delay when he can jump in and he’ll staff catch up in recruiting. He knows enough about TN the school to be ok with that decision. He has had a crash course in the staff daily. No longer a need to delay and drag 3 programs another month or two bc Bama/Clemson are likely done waiting.

Ty has said just about everything he could to let us know that he's coming here except for just flat out saying it. He said he'd loves UT, also said he's committing to a school and not a coach. But, if we want to talk about coaches, he's said he would love to play for CJH. I'm not going to remind everyone of everything he's said, but he's said a whole lot for us to view this glass as half full, especially knowing that he's trying not to tip his hand too much

My hope is that the more talks he has with Heupel/Golesh/Hazel vs BOB/Saban that he realizes that dynamic he had with a Sarkisian at Bama is more like the one he would get at TN. Sarkisian is that cool laid back to Sabans authoritarianism. Saban also more likely to recruit over him with the guys they bring it at the position yearly than we are as we aren’t at that level to take the top 3 QBs in country yearly. TN new staff really comes off as the type to let the kids let it ride and have fun while still working them hard. I think we will start seeing a group of kids in future that play relaxed and aggressive instead of scared to make mistakes

VN Store

Back