'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Ok. What if Simpson has told JH and this staff that he is coming to TN. Simpson obviously wants to be the guy to the school he is committing to. So JH might think well Ty is on board so we don’t need to recruit any more QBs for the 22 class. And then he commits to Bama or Clemson. Then that makes it even harder to bet in on Horn because you haven’t been recruiting him.

There has to be a legit reason as to why JH hasn’t been recruiting Horn.

Do we know for sure he’s not recruiting any other QBs?

Reactions: TennMan101
Probably already posted on here somewhere, but last week TS gave an interview on the 104.5 Nashville drive time evening show with Brent Daugherty and Dawn Davenport. The schools he talked about the most were Texas and Ole Miss. if you took away all the background noise and made a guess based solely on that interview, you would probably think Ole Miss.

Probably already posted on here somewhere, but last week TS gave an interview on the 104.5 Nashville drive time evening show with Brent Daugherty and Dawn Davenport. The schools he talked about the most were Texas and Ole Miss. if you took away all the background noise and made a guess based solely on that interview, you would probably think Ole Miss.
That will change when stomp them this year.

Honestly, I just don’t think this offense translates well to the NFL... if I were him I wouldn’t come here on that alone.

LOL. This is such a comically outdated argument at this point. Have you watched the NFL over the last 3 years? Air raid and spread concepts are all over the NFL at this point.

And Patrick Mahomes won a Super Bowl last season.

I imagine the Texas talk was due to the relationship he developed with Sark at Alabama. Should be able to cross Texas off the list, they just got a commitment from a 2022 class 5 star QB in California yesterday.

Reactions: volfaninpa
Simpson's dad works for the UT system. I wonder if he worked at a small college in the Alabama system if there would be any doubt where his son would end up? The guy would be fired if his son chose anywhere but Bama. Not saying that's the way it should be. It happens down there all the time. A parent with a kid that Alabama wants, really wants can lose their public or private job if their kid doesn't choose Bama.

Simpson's dad works for the UT system. I wonder if he worked at a small college in the Alabama system if there would be any doubt where his son would end up? The guy would be fired if his son chose anywhere but Bama. Not saying that's the way it should be. It happens down there all the time. A parent with a kid that Alabama wants, really wants can lose their public or private job if their kid doesn't choose Bama.

lol all that parent would have to do is sue

I’d go to Bama before Clemson. Clemson offense really didn’t seem very impressive when talent matched on opposite side. They didn’t look as elite on either side of the ball and looked slow compared to a Ohio st. Bama much more advanced offensively.

Also could see Bama being less likely to take a lot of TN in state kids unlike Clemson who would likely gladly take quite a few.

Give us the evidence that he isn’t SEC caliber.
Can’t speak for that guy, but I’m in West Tenn as well, and know a lot of coaches here. I think Ty’s a great football player, but the reviews are definitely mixed when speaking to the coaches I know. Some swear he’s the absolute truth, while some think he’s just ok. Personally, I believe he’s a guy you take. Could be the next big thing or could just provide quality depth.

Haha dude c’mon
You don't understand the corruption in that state. There was a recruit a few years ago that this was brought up about. I can't recall which one. It's also not about just losing your job but also about being passed up for promotions and such. They play by a different set of rules down there.

You don't understand the corruption in that state. There was a recruit a few years ago that this was brought up about. I can't recall which one. It's also not about just losing your job but also about being passed up for promotions and such. They play by a different set of rules down there.

Literally all you’d have to do is get that in the media and it would blow up and be the end of Saban if that were actually happening.

Unless you’re saying Saban didn’t want:

Jeremiah Williams
Lee Hunter
Armoni Goodwin

EJ Williams
JJ Evans

George Pickens
Clay Webb
Christian Williams
Mohamed Diabate

Justyn Ross
Coynis Miller

I guess all these kids’ parents lost their jobs ☹️

Literally all you’d have to do is get that in the media and it would blow up and be the end of Saban if that were actually happening.

Unless you’re saying Saban didn’t want:

Jeremiah Williams
Lee Hunter
Armoni Goodwin

EJ Williams
JJ Evans

George Pickens
Clay Webb
Christian Williams
Mohamed Diabate

Justyn Ross
Coynis Miller

I guess all these kids’ parents lost their jobs ☹️
It doesn't happen in all the cases but it happens. Sorry you have a difficulty believing it.

Said this many times (not regarding Simpson, just in general). For example, if there was a barber in, say, Birmingham who “mentored” kids and encouraged them to go to Florida, UGa, etc, they would be out of business in a second. If there was a high school coach in Tuscaloosa that “encouraged” kids to go Ohio State, they would get run out of town.

lol all that parent would have to do is sue
For what? At will employment state just like TN. Nothing illegal about it. I could see a lot of private employers doing it and just telling the person they don’t want the bad p.r. With a college football coach, assuming he has a buyout, you fire him and pay the buyout.

Reactions: drylo
Can’t speak for that guy, but I’m in West Tenn as well, and know a lot of coaches here. I think Ty’s a great football player, but the reviews are definitely mixed when speaking to the coaches I know. Some swear he’s the absolute truth, while some think he’s just ok. Personally, I believe he’s a guy you take. Could be the next big thing or could just provide quality depth.
It’ll be a body blow. People who don’t follow recruiting will hear about next year in the early signing period when all the national media is guffawing over it. It will force CJH to win faster.

For what? At will employment state just like TN. Nothing illegal about it. I could see a lot of private employers doing it and just telling the person they don’t want the bad p.r. With a college football coach, assuming he has a buyout, you fire him and pay the buyout.

Uh huh and what happens when that kid and the parent jump on social media and start telling their story? It would end badly for Saban.

This isn’t 1985. Everyone has a platform to be heard with social media now. This sh*t wouldn’t fly Bc they couldn’t get away with it.

LOL. This is such a comically outdated argument at this point. Have you watched the NFL over the last 3 years? Air raid and spread concepts are all over the NFL at this point.

And Patrick Mahomes won a Super Bowl last season.
Bingo. 21/22 personnel went from 34% of NFL plays in 2007 to 12% just 10 years later. Probably single digits by now. The league is fully about spread, 3+ WR sets.

VN Store

Back