‘23 TN QB Marcel Reed (Texas A&M commit)

Halzle later traveled to Chattanooga, Tenn., to see four-star Class of 2023 quarterback Marcel Reed of Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, Tenn., take on Chattanooga’s McCallie School in Tennessee’s Division II-AAA championship game Thursday night.

-Callahan

Watched some of this game and for sure he is some kind of athlete. Does anyone that has watched him want to evaluate his QB potential at the D1 level?

He struggled last night but he was under pressure almost every pass play. McCallie was just too good.

His mechanics as a qb are still a work in progress but he’s only played 3 years of football. He definitely has the raw athletic talent though. I can see why all the big boys want him.

Watched some of this game and for sure he is some kind of athlete. Does anyone that has watched him want to evaluate his QB potential at the D1 level?
His long wind up concerns me big time. Also he passed up the short pass that was there a lot to try to force a big play. He has potential and isn't even focusing on football yet, but he is super raw and has a ton to work on imho. I think he will start to significantly slide down the rankings. Definitely a polarizing player

Reactions: Pacer92
His long wind up concerns me big time. Also he passed up the short pass that was there a lot to try to force a big play. He has potential and isn't even focusing on football yet, but he is super raw and has a ton to work on imho. I think he will start to significantly slide down the rankings. Definitely a polarizing player

Do you think he would be interested in being recruited as an athlete, and if so should UT approach him?

Agree...form looked to be pitching baseball as opposed hand to the ear quick release...definitely unorthodox. Maybe a better pure athlete than pure QB..

Agree...form looked to be pitching baseball as opposed hand to the ear quick release...definitely unorthodox. Maybe a better pure athlete than pure QB..

You can always hope for a guy mastering unorthodox and variable throwing motions like Mahomes.... they grow on trees right? Does anybody have his 40 and shuttle speeds and vertical info? Hope he finds a home somewhere....

You can always hope for a guy mastering unorthodox and variable throwing motions like Mahomes.... they grow on trees right? Does anybody have his 40 and shuttle speeds and vertical info? Hope he finds a home somewhere....

No where close to a Mahomes delivery..

Reed's numbers through 3 seasons...not bad on the ground but not particularly good through the air:

1638580853169.png

Reactions: VolByLaw
This guy has a ton of potential. His throwing motion and footwork need work but man you can see he’s got a lot of talent.

This guy has a ton of potential. His throwing motion and footwork need work but man you can see he’s got a lot of talent.
I think both of what you mentioned are very clean and advanced for his age.
He's a very good player.

I would have been happy with him being our QB for this class.

Unreal that we got Nico!

VN Store

Back