'26 TN QB Jared Curtis (Georgia commit)

You mean like McIntyre?

Skipping over a highly-ranked in-state recruit in this year's class at the most important position on the field (McIntyre) to go all in on an in-state kid in the 26 class who may not even sign with you is insanity. When an in-state recruit is involved, common sense goes out the window.
When Dobbs4Heisman is involved, common sense goes out the window.

We didn't take GMac over Curtis. We took GMac and we're prioritizing Faizon Brandon over Curtis.

I am responding to another post that said we prioritized Mac over Curtis like we couldn't get both.

Right now most rating agencies have Curtis higher than Brandon. We better hope we get Brandon since that's where we placed all our marbles.

I am responding to another post that said we prioritized Mac over Curtis like we couldn't get both.

Right now most rating agencies have Curtis higher than Brandon. We better hope we get Brandon since that's where we placed all our marbles.
If let Heupel place his marbles wherever he likes.

Except on me of course. 😂

Right now most rating agencies have Curtis higher than Brandon.
So what? I trust Heupel a whole hell of a lot more than those guys, particularly for recruits that still have 2 whole years to play in high school. Rating agencies are garbage that far in advance.

Reactions: DrTNT

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Heupel always gets the qb he wants. And also I don’t think they give a damn what the recruiting services have then ranked

All I got to say is like you all say "highly ranked"...so how was "highly ranked" Ty Simpson went to bama how did that work out..."highly ranked" from Georgia Harrison bailey committed to us how did that work out..it happens trust the process and the staffs evaluations...🙄...who knows he may change his mind...hasn't signed his LIO

And if all hope is lost? Shutter the program?

I only needed one game in 2016 to know that JaCoby Stevens was not a real 5-star player while Tee Higgins definitely was. With high school players the key is the raw physical traits and overall athletic potential. Anything can happen with a young player when it comes to their development but the raw physical traits stay the same. And you really only need one game to tell is a guy has the juice to be a superstar or if they don't. George MacIntyre in his one game just looked like a tall gangly kid without much in the way of game breaking ability. Jared Curtis on the other hand looked like a young Josh Allen.

We made a huge mistake going all in on MacIntyre and I'm not budging off that take. Just like I said in 2016-17 that missing on JaCoby Stevens was no big deal but we would regret not landing a generational talent like Tee Higgins. MacIntyre and Curtis are like that all over again.
Good job going back 8 years ago for the 1 thing you may have gotten correct. Jeeze. With that kind of hit rate, it’s amazing you aren’t an NFL analyst.

That same “amazing” eye test convinced you that the person in Thailand was a girl too. Just takes a second or two to figure out it’s not.

Good job going back 8 years ago for the 1 thing you may have gotten correct. Jeeze. With that kind of hit rate, it’s amazing you aren’t an NFL analyst.

That same “amazing” eye test convinced you that the person in Thailand was a girl too. Just takes a second or two to figure out it’s not.
You’re missing on generational talents like Kelvin Taylor, Brad Kaaya and Corey Davis and their countless Pro Bowls on the way to Canton. Stand on business!

You’re missing on generational talents like Kelvin Taylor, Brad Kaaya and Corey Davis and their countless Pro Bowls on the way to Canton. Stand on business!

It’s crazy. It’s one thing to have disagreements with people on prospects and to debate them. It’s another to be consistently wrong about 99% of things and then be arrogant about it when you do hit. There isn’t an employee in the world I would hire, that misses as much as D4H does. It’s always the low performers and underachievers who want to scream about how great they are and why their opinion matters. Ha ha

Don’t get the hate just bc he’s in-state. QB is the one position you recruit nationally. Staff likes Faizon who’s over a year younger than Jared. Jared Curtis is a stud but was ready to commit somewhere and didn’t want to follow George as well. Long time for a commitment to stick but it’s not Tennessee’s or Curtis’ fault. Some things just don’t work out. Who’s to stay if stays committed there? What if they land JuJu Lewis? Jared is a good player and good kid. Tennessee just prioritizing Faizon and Curtis wasn’t coming here
Truth Bomb just exploded.

Jared is doing a disservice to himself by staying in 2A. He'll barely face any D1 defenders in that division. I watched him play my home town squad last season, and they planted his azz in the ground multiple times. No D1 guys on that side of the ball either.

Jared is doing a disservice to himself by staying in 2A. He'll barely face any D1 defenders in that division. I watched him play my home town squad last season, and they planted his azz in the ground multiple times. No D1 guys on that side of the ball either.
He’s good and has ability. He just doesn’t have the competition to showcase that ability. If I was him or his family, I’d transfer to a larger D1 private school. Iron sharpens iron. I think he will do well wherever he ultimately decides to go but it is years away.

He’s good and has ability. He just doesn’t have the competition to showcase that ability. If I was him or his family, I’d transfer to a larger D1 private school. Iron sharpens iron. I think he will do well wherever he ultimately decides to go but it is years away.

Ty Simpson says hold my Clipboard while I rest on the sidelines pondering my transfer to UT Martin.

I understand that some don't like D4H, but I'm going by what I've seen. Judging from Georgia accepting his commitment, Kirby agrees.
And bama really wanting Brandon means nothing? Bama is known for better quarterbacks anyway why does a commitable Georgia offer mean more than a commitable bama offer?

And bama really wanting Brandon means nothing? Bama is known for better quarterbacks anyway why does a commitable Georgia offer mean more than a commitable bama offer?

They are all high major offers from teams with championship level pedigree.

I'm just saying from a fan perspective I would have loved to have this kid. It's rare that the state produces QBs of his caliber. A year ago people were saying the same about Mac, and were all in on the QB from Mississippi (forgot his name). The kid transferred to Lipscomb and his performance started going south and he got out of town and went back to Mississippi. I think he ended up choosing Notre Dame.

Clearly there are a lot of factors that play into recruiting, but let's not act like fans have been all in on coaching decisions related to the QB position. There are still many on this board that believe Milton should've been benched at various points last year and would defend that position. Personally, I think Heupel made the right decision about Milton.

This is not a commentary on either QB, but Bama isn't Bama anymore. Bama equals Washington.

VN Store

Back