'26 TN QB Jared Curtis (Georgia commit)

I see a similar dynamic to when Arch Manning was weighing offers as a sophomore. Early on, Heupel apparently saw we were lower in his interest level and focused on Nico and some others that fit what he desired in his quarterback.
you also probably do not want to take a 5 star every cycle as a 3 or 4 star is more likely to be willing to sit and develop and back people up. so If we get Gmac it may be harder to get a good 26 QB.

you also probably do not want to take a 5 star every cycle as a 3 or 4 star is more likely to be willing to sit and develop and back people up. so If we get Gmac it may be harder to get a good 26 QB.
I disagree. If you can stack highly talented QBs, you stack them. With the portal, you don’t have to worry quite as much. IMO you try and stack the highest talent you can in every single class. That’s how programs like Bama and UGA are built to win championships.

I disagree. If you can stack highly talented QBs, you stack them. With the portal, you don’t have to worry quite as much. IMO you try and stack the highest talent you can in every single class. That’s how programs like Bama and UGA are built to win championships.

Heup is gonna go get the QB he projects to run his offense the best / most efficiently regardless of recruiting ranking

I can see that thinking, but doubt Heupel subscribes. Evaluate and recruit the best fit and work your way down if the first choice doesn’t hit imo.

You go after who you believe are the best QBs to run your offense, period

You stack the best, no matter what.

Heup is gonna go get the QB he projects to run his offense the best / most efficiently regardless of recruiting ranking
Look at the guys Heupel targets. Rankings can matter. You think it’s a coincidence that the QBs he goes after to run his offense are highly rated? Heupel ain’t out here putting his chips in on 3* QBs. Rankings matter.

Reactions: FBtime
Look at the guys Heupel targets. Rankings can matter. You think it’s a coincidence that the QBs he goes after to run his offense are highly rated? Heupel ain’t out here putting his chips in on 3* QBs. Rankings matter.
No. Quality talent matters. Heupel recruits high quality QB's, and even the dumbasses at the recruiting services can't deny it. Therefore, his QB's end up receiving high recruiting grades. He isn't recruiting specific QB's because some recruiting service ranked them as 4-star or 5-star players.

You have an issue distinguishing the chicken from the egg.

To be fair, you said it’s “highly unlikely” Curtis doesn’t remain the #1 player. I would agree there is a good chance Curtis doesn’t remain the #1 player, but highly unlikely means less than 10%. I’m not just looking for things to argue about, but these small things matter when quoting someone else.
Hmmmm he is already down to #12 according to On3. So like I said

IMG_1820.png

No. Quality talent matters. Heupel recruits high quality QB's, and even the dumbasses at the recruiting services can't deny it. Therefore, his QB's end up receiving high recruiting grades. He isn't recruiting specific QB's because some recruiting service ranked them as 4-star or 5-star players.

You have an issue distinguishing the chicken from the egg.
I guess it’s a coincidence that all the high quality QBs he targets are either high 4 or 5* guys huh? You act like the QBs he targets are low ranked and they end up ranked high. That’s just not the case. I know Heupel doesn’t look at 247 when he is targeting a QB. But like I said, he is targeting elite level HS QBs. Not low ranked diamonds in the rough.

Yeah the UGAs brought in the Jacob Eason, Justin Fields, JT Daniels, Brock Vandagriff and Gunnar Stocktons to be at their best with Stetson Bennett and Carson Beck lol.

I guess it’s a coincidence that all the high quality QBs he targets are either high 4 or 5* guys huh? You act like the QBs he targets are low ranked and they end up ranked high. That’s just not the case. I know Heupel doesn’t look at 247 when he is targeting a QB. But like I said, he is targeting elite level HS QBs. Not low ranked diamonds in the rough.
He’s targeting QB’s for about 3-4 years before they go to college - before they have any star rankings from anybody.

VN Store

Back