'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

OMG...dude, I am NEVER going to buy into "Milroe is a great QB"....NEVER.

He is like Milton...not great and not awful...and he is a better runner.
Cool. I didn’t say he’s a “great” QB. He was good in 2023, improving throughout the season, and now has a much better QB developer coaching him. Some act like DeBoer just fell into the Bama job with no qualifications. His primary one being that he is great at developing QBs.

I’m sure when he transferred to Washington prior to the 2022 season, everyone thought Mike Penix was about to put together the 2 year run he just finished. DeBoer did that.IMG_8521.jpeg

He’s an above average QB with a ton of talent around him that makes him look like a stud. I think this year we see his true nature. There’s a reason Saban benched him twice.
I don't think he is above average other than his running ability...which I suppose is part of it, but my point has been that he is not the kind of natural QB that can throw the ball all over the field on a 40% run-60% pass ratio.

Milroe would be perfect for some coaches systems, and Rees did a great job figuring out how to maximise his talents in my opinion....I just don't think he fits what DeBoer likes to do...and THAT has been my point.

Cool. I didn’t say he’s a “great” QB. He was good in 2023, improving throughout the season, and now has a much better QB developer coaching him. Some act like DeBoer just fell into the Bama job with no qualifications. His primary one being that he is great at developing QBs.

I’m sure when he transferred to Washington prior to the 2022 season, everyone thought Mike Penix was about to put together the 2 year run he just finished. DeBoer did that.View attachment 613885
Milroe is not Penix...Look you are never going to understand my point, so I am not going to argue anymore.

Heupel is a QB whisperer too..and there was only so much he could do with Milton..
I have tried and tried to explain that...and you refuse to acknowledge it..so no point in arguing anymore.

Have a good day 🙋‍♂️

I’m sure when he transferred to Washington prior to the 2022 season, everyone thought Mike Penix was about to put together the 2 year run he just finished. DeBoer did that.View attachment 613885
Not that I am questioning Deboer, but find it hard to believe AL didn’t have coaches capable of developing a QB. Were their coaches that bad?

Hold up. You cannot use these stats without adding the caveat that he was dealing with injuries that sidelined him each of the seasons he played prior to Washington. Not saying he didn’t do wonders at Washington, but you can’t say “he sucked prior to Deboer,” when in fact Deboer was is OC at one point AND he got injured several times, directly impacting his stat line.

Hold up. You cannot use these stats without adding the caveat that he was dealing with injuries that sidelined him each of the seasons he played prior to Washington. Not saying he didn’t do wonders at Washington, but you can’t say “he sucked prior to Deboer,” when in fact Deboer was is OC at one point AND he got injured several times, directly impacting his stat line.
So where was Deboer his coach at? QB coach?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Did I say “he sucked prior to DeBoer”?

I’m saying one wouldn’t have seen it coming. The combination of DeBoer/Grubb did wonders for him at Washington. That’s the exact combo Milroe will have as his Head Coach/OC in 2024. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t improve. How much is the question.

Did I say “he sucked prior to DeBoer”?

I’m saying one wouldn’t have seen it coming. The combination of DeBoer/Grubb did wonders for him at Washington. That’s the exact combo Milroe will have as his Head Coach/OC in 2024. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t improve. How much is the question.
Exaggeration on my part as you didn’t say he sucked, but you definitely implied he wasn’t good until Deboer came along. Which I have a problem with because you shared his stats without also giving his back story on injuries. Yes I imagine we’ll see improvement, but I have to agree with @Ulysees E. McGill here, Milroe is not the style QB Deboer typically uses in his system. So I’ll be curious just how much of an improvement we see.

Exaggeration on my part as you didn’t say he sucked, but you definitely implied he wasn’t good until Deboer came along. Which I have a problem with because you shared his stats without also giving his back story on injuries. Yes I imagine we’ll see improvement, but I have to agree with @Ulysees E. McGill here, Milroe is not the style QB Deboer typically uses in his system. So I’ll be curious just how much of an improvement we see.
I didn’t imply anything other than the ultimate point, which was, if you looked at Penix’s numbers prior to 2022, you’d never have thought (injuries or not) that he’d become what he did. It’s not like he was some can’t miss prospect. There’s a reason he went to Indiana (granted, Pruitt’s stupidity was part of it).

If we’re looking at Milroe post-2023 and Penix post-2021 and deciding who has more ability to coach up, we’re all picking Milroe. That’s my point. And if DeBoer/Grubb did what they did with Penix, I’m pretty sure he can make Milroe better. Which is scary.

Kinda funny that GM said in his interview today that basketball is his "first love"
Prior to his sophomore year, he saw himself playing college basketball.
Watching a few of his clips from this past season where he was continually running for his life, I could see the appeal of the basketball court!

Has he been dropped to 4*... yet?
Not Yet No GIF

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back