'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

How does the On3 industry rating work? He’s a 4-star on every site, including On3… but 5-star on their industry rating. Color me confused.
Idk maybe composite is higher than the other qbs composite scores? You can get some weird results with averages.

I feel good about this now with a fong bomb but I’m wondering about the timeline. Also a worrying thing is he has liked a lot of bama barstool stuff on Twitter and not as much Tennessee stuff. Today he liked a few things about Bamas new potential coaching hires. And he liked a barstool bama video saying it’s time with Dan Lanning smoking a cigar. Probably just BVS but I’m still worried.

I feel good about this now with a fong bomb but I’m wondering about the timeline. Also a worrying thing is he has liked a lot of bama barstool stuff on Twitter and not as much Tennessee stuff. Today he liked a few things about Bamas new potential coaching hires. And he liked a barstool bama video saying it’s time with Dan Lanning smoking a cigar. Probably just BVS but I’m still worried.
Nah, I have the same feeling in my gut as well. Maybe it is BVS, but I just have that odd feeling this isn’t as cut and dry as the recruiting pundits are claiming.

Heupel doesn’t miss on QBs when he goes all in.
I have NO feeling for the different dynamics each QB has when looking at the room if he joins it. Not a fear thing but a rational risk/reward calculation when following in a player like MERK for winning the position. This newfound portal mobility may take some of the old stress off that, but having to overcome another quality guy with a year’s head start has to roll through the mind. So I can understand an extended decision path and won’t freak out every hour on the hour.

I have NO feeling for the different dynamics each QB has when looking at the room if he joins it. Not a fear thing but a rational risk/reward calculation when following in a player like MERK for winning the position. This newfound portal mobility may take some of the old stress off that, but having to overcome another quality guy with a year’s head start has to roll through the mind. So I can understand an extended decision path and won’t freak out every hour on the hour.

Don’t think it factored into his decision much and speaking to this point - his other finalist Bama signed a QB in Julian Sayin who is a 5* and #5 overall player (#1 QB) in the country in 247 composite rankings.

For reference, Merk is a 4* and #128 overall player (10th ranked QB).

Don’t think it factored into his decision much and speaking to this point - his other finalist Bama signed a QB in Julian Sayin who is a 5* and #5 overall player (#1 QB) in the country in 247 composite rankings.

For reference, Merk is the #128 overall player and 10th ranked QB.
If Merklinger wasn't legit, then Heupel wouldn't have wanted him..

People just believe in the stars and player rankings religiously...

If Merklinger wasn't legit, then Heupel wouldn't have wanted him..

People just believe in the stars and player rankings religiously...

Not saying Merk isn’t legit. Looks like a baller and will always trust Heup at QB.

Was responding to poster who was talking about GMac considering the QB who signed in the class that preceded his own. So I was comparing who the 2 teams signed.

Once he's on campus, we are going to have a Lincoln Riley level loaded quarterback room, but hey, apparently we suck at recruiting.
That's a recipe for a portal entry is a year or so. Four- and five-star guys don't like riding the pine when their classes are too close together.

That's a recipe for a portal entry is a year or so. Four- and five-star guys don't like riding the pine when their classes are too close together.
So you think we shouldn’t have taken Merks commitment or shouldn’t take Gmacs commit? You take good players if they want to come. You don’t turn away a good “employee” because you’re concerned about having too many good employees

VN Store

Back