‘23 TN QB Chris Parson (FSU commit)

What do you do if the instate prospects go elsewhere?
Well I mean they go where they go. But you want to do your best to keep them here. Even though this guy won't have the "Tennessee loyalty," having just moved here. Could opt to move back to Texas

He is damn good looking...Slides around the pocket, looks to throw it downfield, goes thru progression, doesn't get rattled by pressure and defenders and can run like a back. I'll approve it.

Reactions: LittleVol
😂 I’m sure you’d give the same level of deference if he’d moved from Texas and went to BA or BGA.

If his family moves here, he gotta go somewhere. They chose Williamson County. Lipscomb got a 4star TE from California this year and I’m not saying anything. I do when local 8th & 9th graders start showing up at schools that they are not academically prepared for.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If his family moves here, he gotta go somewhere. They chose Williamson County. Lipscomb got a 4star TE from California this year and I’m not saying anything. I do when local 8th & 9th graders start showing up at schools that they are not academically prepared for.

Guarantee both were recruited. Private schools recruit. Public schools recruit. Complaining about one but not the other is silly.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Guarantee both were recruited. Private schools recruit. Public schools recruit. Complaining about one but not the other is silly.

I don’t except for kids that end up transferring from 1 to another inside the same area. My son went to a private school BTW. They were accused of recruiting even though the entire team started at the school as either 1st (my son) or 5th graders.

Newsflash, just about every good HS program in the state, public and private, recruit. I went to Fulton and have great respect for that community and the coaching staff. I also realize that they recruit. They get kids zoned for AE, Carter, West, Powell and other places. I am sure that Maryville and Alcoa recruit also and there is very little doubt about Catholic. It happens. I am not a big fan, but I will still support my team.

Reactions: cgarner30
Newsflash, just about every good HS program in the state, public and private, recruit. I went to Fulton and have great respect for that community and the coaching staff. I also realize that they recruit. They get kids zoned for AE, Carter, West, Powell and other places. I am sure that Maryville and Alcoa recruit also and there is very little doubt about Catholic. It happens. I am not a big fan, but I will still support my team.

Recruiting Rule Section 17. Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. In the event that there is a violation of this rule, there shall be a penalty against the school, and the student(s) who was the subject of the violation shall be ineligible for a minimum of one year. The penalty and any additional period of ineligibility beyond the one-year minimum will be determined by the Executive Director based on a consideration of the number of violations involved, the number of student-athletes involved, the nature of the violation(s), the individual(s) responsible for the violation(s), and the extent to which the violation may have been knowing, deliberate, or in reckless disregard of the provisions of this rule and the commentary that accompanies this rule.

Guidelines for Understanding the Recruiting Rule 1. Athletes or prospective athletes should be treated no differently than students who are not athletes. Students should be seen as students and not singled out based on their potential athletic ability. 2. To avoid the appearance of impropriety, a coach who is contacted by any student or family or individual about attending a school where he or she is the coach should inform that person that he or she needs to contact the administrative official or officials of the school who normally deal with the admission process. 3. To avoid the appearance of impropriety, any meeting with coaches regarding athletes or prospective athletes should be a part of the admissions process at the school and should take place at the school.

Private schools who offer financial aid to any student that needs it.................can easily get around this rule with athletes.

Then they must've got on him early since he went to grade school and played football w/many of the same kids he'll be playing HS ball with. Family is returning to the same community they'd previously lived in.

Or maybe you don't know as much as you think you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VN Store

Back