‘23 TN OT Ayden Bussell (Tennessee commit)

boom.gif

Other than the 3 star rating... how did you determine the rest of this?

Literally the only other thing I "know" about him is that Heupel and Co passed over 4* recruits to get to him. They seem to have made him a priority while not even pushing for a kid currently rated 4* in state.

From his video, he has good feet and great size. The most difficult position for fans and recruiting sites to evaluate is OL. They almost never face players that are good enough to prove how good they are. Your prediction could be right. However intelligence and good feet are things that often point toward an early contribution.
You are correct. They really wanted him over the kid from Henry Co. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: sjt18 and GoVols15
Literally the only other thing I "know" about him is that Heupel and Co passed over 4* recruits to get to him. They seem to have made him a priority while not even pushing for a kid currently rated 4* in state.

From his video, he has good feet and great size. The most difficult position for fans and recruiting sites to evaluate is OL. They almost never face players that are good enough to prove how good they are. Your prediction could be right. However intelligence and good feet are things that often point toward an early contribution.[/QUOTE]

I watched him play at MJ this year. He was injured for the first half of the season (pectoral muscle I think). His work ethic is off the charts, and I'm certain his star rating will improve greatly. He's a junior and would not look out of place standing next to an NFL line. This is a huge get. And NO, I'm not a professional evaluator, but I have watched players like Jauan Jennings, Jalen Hurd, and Reggie Grimes in high school, and some guys just look out of place on a high school field, Ayden Bussell is one of them.

Only at Tennessee where a kid is from the state and is/was a huge UT fan growing up and get a offer from Tennessee but wants to wait and see what other offers he gets.
Just a little hustle and Bussell. He will end up at UT if UT still wants him and has room.

They are planning on taking 4 OL in '23 and Bussell is 100% a take. Staff is not going to let an in-state kid commit and then tell him to de-commit and ruin relationships.

There are at least two kids in the state that attempted to commit in December that were told to wait because they couldn't guarantee they'd be able to sign. One of them has over a dozen Power 5 offers. They are attempting to build relationships the right way and be upfront and transparent with kids and programs in the state.

VN Store

Back