‘23 TN OT Ayden Bussell (Tennessee commit)

Would be an incredible start/foundation to the class. Gotta think we are very likely for all the TN guys. Get Nico in the bag and we could be looking at a special class

JMO, but as strong as the Tennessee HS class was this year, it is equally weak next year.

I've heard the exact opposite. I think the O Line group has a chance to be deep though.
All I know is Bishop, Herring and Redmond are studs, and there are some other talented skill players and so pretty good OL as prospects. We need 5-8 signees instate imo

Reactions: #1GatorHater
All I know is Bishop, Herring and Redmond are studs, and there are some other talented skill players and so pretty good OL as prospects. We need 5-8 signees instate imo
I don't put a number on in-state signers. Beyond 5 you're probably taking 3-4 year projects and if that scholarship is better off used elsewhere do it. The whole instate signers are blown out of proportion.

I don't put a number on in-state signers. Beyond 5 you're probably taking 3-4 year projects and if that scholarship is better off used elsewhere do it. The whole instate signers are blown out of proportion.
Exactly why I said 5-8. There will be at least 5 that can help out of this class. Maybe more. I’m for signing the best players from wherever but it starts instate and getting the ones that can help build a program. And like my numbers, you can’t say with certain out of this class over 5 that you are taking 3-4 year projects. It changes on a yearly basis and this class has some depth to it.

Reactions: MrVolton
Exactly why I said 5-8. There will be at least 5 that can help out of this class. Maybe more. I’m for signing the best players from wherever but it starts instate and getting the ones that can help build a program. And like my numbers, you can’t say with certain out of this class over 5 that you are taking 3-4 year projects. It changes on a yearly basis and this class has some depth to it.
It does change on a yearly basis but there might only be 4 kids that can really help. That's my point, this class is definitely less heralded than the previous class. Im putting a cap at 5 this year not 8 at this point.

As of right now there are 20 5.7 3 stars or higher. That number usually climbs and almost never dips. That is near where this class ended up. High 3 stars tend to end up at SEC/P5 schools.
That's one site and there will be boosting some rankings to drum up interest for the February signing day. Not all 3* are the same and you don't take them because they're a 5.7... like honestly what formula generates a grade of 5.7?

That's one site and there will be boosting some rankings to drum up interest for the February signing day. Not all 3* are the same and you don't take them because they're a 5.7... like honestly what formula generates a grade of 5.7?
Comparing national rankings between the '22 and '23 class on 247 doesn't appear to be much difference either. The only major difference is there is no Nolan or Simpson in this class as of right now.

Comparing national rankings between the '22 and '23 class on 247 doesn't appear to be much difference either. The only major difference is there is no Nolan or Simpson in this class as of right now.
Ok, that still makes this class weaker. You can't just omit two kids and say they're the same.

Ok, that still makes this class weaker. You can't just omit two kids and say they're the same.
Not trying to imply it is stronger. Based on following recruiting and knowing more kids will pop up, I think it could end up being deeper but not as elite at the top.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Not trying to imply it is stronger. Based on following recruiting and knowing more kids will pop up, I think it could end up being deeper but not as elite at the top.
It's possible, I do think the OL group will be good in the state.

Reactions: chavisut
I think we for sure land Caleb Herring, Brycen Sanders, Joe Crocker, Ayden Bussell, Nathan Robinson, Jacob Page (if we take him), Drake Carlson, Lance Williams (if we offer and take), and Nate Spillman if we take.

In good spots with Shamar Porter, Justin Brown, Ethan Crisp. Max Carroll just got offered I think. Then we see what happens with the staff's evaluations with Luke Brown, Adarius Redmond, Ayden Greene, and Marcel Reed

Reactions: HeadVol77
I think we for sure land Caleb Herring, Brycen Sanders, Joe Crocker, Ayden Bussell, Nathan Robinson, Jacob Page (if we take him), Drake Carlson, Lance Williams (if we offer and take), and Nate Spillman if we take.

In good spots with Shamar Porter, Justin Brown, Ethan Crisp. Max Carroll just got offered I think. Then we see what happens with the staff's evaluations with Luke Brown, Adarius Redmond, Ayden Greene, and Marcel Reed
Who are some of the top targets regardless of state that we are in on for the 23 class? I feel like the 23 class is going to show us how good of recruiters we really have on staff.

Who are some of the top targets regardless of state that we are in on for the 23 class? I feel like the 23 class is going to show us how good of recruiters we really have on staff.
Nico Iamaleava is a 5 star QB we are in a good spot with. Vic Burley is a 5 star DL we are in a good spot with. Caleb Herring is the in-state priority and top-60 recruit nationally, thought to be a heavy UT lean

We won't take that many but sure.

Also in a good spot with Trevor Duncan

Reactions: griddie

VN Store

Back