'20 TN OLB Tamarion McDonald (UT SIGNEE)

Tennessee continues to have strong dialogue with all three Whitehaven prospects. The trio is scheduled to officially visit Arkansas this weekend, but it’s unclear if Bryson Eason or Tamarion McDonald will actually make the trip. Even if they go, their families are done taking visits, per sources.

-VQ

Sounds good for us that families have seen enough. Rumors are Morehead is Rutgers #1 canidate so that hearts MS St and McDonald isn't that interest at this time in Arkansas.

That would be crazy for an SEC school to lose their HC to Rutgers, but from reading comments by MSU fans this week I dare say a large swath of bulldog fans would be happy to help Moorehead pack his bags.

Reactions: gunner and PA Vol
That would be crazy for an SEC school to lose their HC to Rutgers, but from reading comments by MSU fans this week I dare say a large swath of bulldog fans would be happy to help Moorehead pack his bags.
I don't know how crazy it is anymore. Moorehead is from Pittsburgh and spent much of his coaching career in the north east so it's a cultural fit. Also he gets to reset his clock for how long he will be getting paid head coach money. If Rutgers comes close to matching I would jump if I were him.

I don't know how crazy it is anymore. Moorehead is from Pittsburgh and spent much of his coaching career in the north east so it's a cultural fit. Also he gets to reset his clock for how long he will be getting paid head coach money. If Rutgers comes close to matching I would jump if I were him.

According to MSU fans Moorehead and his wife don't like Starkville and the cultural differences between the PA/NJ/NY area they are from and that he wants out. Other MSU fans are also saying his offense is a bad fit in the SEC. But rumors always fly among fanbases when coaches aren't meeting fan expectations (see VN), so hard to know if there is real fire where there appears to be smoke.

Rutgers may be a better fit for Moorehead than MSU, but Rutgers is pretty much a coaching graveyard, so hard to know if it will be a better place for him to be other than maybe culturally. I do think he got off on the wrong foot when MSU, who a lot of pundits said should have been a 10-win team last season considering what Mullen left him on both sides of the ball, and when MSU failed to meet those expectations Moorehead said he needed to "change the culture." That didn't sit well with a whole bunch of MSU fans who felt the culture was fine but that Moorehead had failed to take advantage of the talent he inherited. With what MSU has left on the schedule, 6 wins may be about the best he can hope for, and he may very well completely lose the entire fanbase, and Starkville is a tiny fishbowl to be in when the fans turn on you. So he may decide that Rutgers does provide a better, less stressful situation.

But nevertheless, it is still interesting to see a coach leave on their own from an SEC school to a place like Rutgers.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
According to MSU fans Moorehead and his wife don't like Starkville and the cultural differences between the PA/NJ/NY area they are from and that he wants out. Other MSU fans are also saying his offense is a bad fit in the SEC. But rumors always fly among fanbases when coaches aren't meeting fan expectations (see VN), so hard to know if there is real fire where there appears to be smoke.

Rutgers may be a better fit for Moorehead than MSU, but Rutgers is pretty much a coaching graveyard, so hard to know if it will be a better place for him to be other than maybe culturally. I do think he got off on the wrong foot when MSU, who a lot of pundits said should have been a 10-win team last season considering what Mullen left him on both sides of the ball, and when MSU failed to meet those expectations Moorehead said he needed to "change the culture." That didn't sit well with a whole bunch of MSU fans who felt the culture was fine but that Moorehead had failed to take advantage of the talent he inherited. With what MSU has left on the schedule, 6 wins may be about the best he can hope for, and he may very well completely lose the entire fanbase, and Starkville is a tiny fishbowl to be in when the fans turn on you. So he may decide that Rutgers does provide a better, less stressful situation.

But nevertheless, it is still interesting to see a coach leave on their own from an SEC school to a place like Rutgers.

I have some close ties to a number of MSU supporters and it was always said that Mullin's wife would not leave Starkville. They were shocked when they left for Florida. Just goes to show, money talks and bull s*it walks :p:p:p

I have some close ties to a number of MSU supporters and it was always said that Mullin's wife would not leave Starkville. They were shocked when they left for Florida. Just goes to show, money talks and bull s*it walks :p:p:p

Watched the on HBO Special. Muhlen took an obviously rehearsed call from his wife on camera, hell even looked at screen & commented 'just sittin' here with H B Ooo'! then laughed that cringeworthy laugh 🤢🤮was like he was politicking for office.

VN Store

Back