TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame transfer)

I'm from NE TN, Bristol area and seen Prince play a lot and he is the real deal. He will definitely have to get some weight on him to play at that level. He may even be sort of a project at the highest level such as ND or UT for the first couple of years. A lot of potential that UT should NOT have passed on at all. He is from the same school that Austin Lewis was from. Austin is in the portal now as a DE/DL. I believe UT actually offered him a day before signing day in 2018, too late. He had a great Freshman year earning Freshman All-American at Liberty as a SDE. But a new defensive staff at Liberty came in and moved him to interior from edge and he just wasn't as good. Never the less, point is UT passes on a lot of Tennessee talent for whatever reason. I really think they don't trust their own eyes and wait to see who else offers and then it's sometimes too late. They need to jump on in-state talent fast.

It may seem like they shun homestate talent, but it's not necessarily about believing one state has better players than another individually. IOW a 5 star to them, is 5 star no matter what state they reside.

You can't really trust rankings.
Ex: Randall Cobb was a 3 star ATH from TN that ended up being better than a lot of 4 or even 5 star WRs in his own class.
Yet, 3 stars GA or Louisiana probably on average are better than your 3 stars from TN. Why? Because the reality is some of the 3 stars from GA or LA are probably actually 4 stars.

Coaches don't give a damn about stars. But they do Care about PIPELINES.
Davey Crockett isn't ever going to be a pipeline. Yet offering a 3 star from IMG Academy in Florida is a smart program building move.

It may seem like they shun homestate talent, but it's not necessarily about believing one state has better players than another individually. IOW a 5 star to them, is 5 star no matter what state they reside.

You can't really trust rankings.
Ex: Randall Cobb was a 3 star ATH from TN that ended up being better than a lot of 4 or even 5 star WRs in his own class.
Yet, 3 stars GA or Louisiana probably on average are better than your 3 stars from TN. Why? Because the reality is some of the 3 stars from GA or LA are probably actually 4 stars.

Coaches don't give a damn about stars. But they do Care about PIPELINES.
Davey Crockett isn't ever going to be a pipeline. Yet offering a 3 star from IMG Academy in Florida is a smart program building move.
This. All of this

Schools like Greenville, Elizabethton, Anderson County are never gonna be pumping out talent like schools like Grayson in GA, Dutch Fork in SC, Thompson in AL, IMG, Miami Central, SFA, etc. If there’s a kid at one of those schools that you think can play at this level, you offer them. Because pulling multiple from those schools and you build relationships with not only recruits but coaches and admin at those schools. So when a 5 star comes out of there that has no idea where he wants to go, the coaches will recommend your school to said player. IMO we still haven’t done a good enough job of this except for St Frances and Dutch Fork. We can’t seem to get “in” on the IMG kids for whatever reason. Part of why I think Weinke needs to go

We don’t have a school like those in the state that just constantly pumps out 10 or more Power 5 players every year. The Div II AAA does as a whole, but not one specific school.

Reactions: LittleVol
I think a lot of his tackles were on special teams. He did make some tackles in the backfield. Also blocked a punt. I have no ideas what numbers are like, but after Arion Carters promising spring, I doubt he would be in our two deep.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
PK would make a good special teams player

maybe

honestly, going from Jonesborough academics/culture to ND would be quite the adjustment.

nothing against Jonesborough
he went to davy crockett i believe. which is a county school. not city of... technically that is jonesborough but i call limestone.

as an eagle, its all limestone.

Reactions: HalfullVol
At the time this kid committed we had in his position group

5⭐️Terrence Lewis
4⭐️ Aaron Willis
4⭐️ Kaemen Marley
In the top 5 for 5⭐️ Smael Mondon
All of which were ranked higher

This kid was a high 3⭐️ At the time

Not our problem 247 wanted to make him a top 100 player all of a sudden.. something that would NOT have happened if he was committed here
The content of this post is wild. That off season of recruiting before 2020 season was really fun

At the time this kid committed we had in his position group

5⭐️Terrence Lewis
4⭐️ Aaron Willis
4⭐️ Kaemen Marley
In the top 5 for 5⭐️ Smael Mondon
All of which were ranked higher

This kid was a high 3⭐️ At the time

Not our problem 247 wanted to make him a top 100 player all of a sudden.. something that would NOT have happened if he was committed here

Reminder 3,258 that following recruiting is stupid.

VN Store

Back