'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

But can Pruitt fix it? What's made us believe that he can?

What have you seen from guys like Billy Napier, Steve Sarkisian, Will Healy and Scott Satterfield that they could fix it? Because I’ll tell you right now there’s no way in hell Hugh Freeze is gonna come here if you fire Pruitt. If you don’t have the other guy locked in and aren’t 1000000% certain you will upgrade, you stick with what you have.

As for what we’ve seen? Well the defense plays good enough to win games. We’re a lot bigger and better on both sides of the LOS than we were when he showed up. Run game has looked decent at times. The ONLY major issue is quarterback play. Once that is fixed, the team will look FAR better than they have

And I know I mentioned a few other issues in a previous post.. all of which will be fixed with recruiting.

What have you seen from guys like Billy Napier, Steve Sarkisian, Will Healy and Scott Satterfield that they could fix it? Because I’ll tell you right now there’s no way in hell Hugh Freeze is gonna come here if you fire Pruitt. If you don’t have the other guy locked in and aren’t 1000000% certain you will upgrade, you stick with what you have.

As for what we’ve seen? Well the defense plays good enough to win games. We’re a lot bigger and better on both sides of the LOS than we were when he showed up. Run game has looked decent at times. The ONLY major issue is quarterback play. Once that is fixed, the team will look FAR better than they have

And I know I mentioned a few other issues in a previous post.. all of which will be fixed with recruiting.
I don't share your opinion about Freeze not coming here. I agree about the other coaches you listed.

Reactions: cncchris33
Tennessee’s current issues

-Change the QB and QB coach (Got HB and adding Salter)

-Change the offensive play calling

-Get new personnel in the secondary to cover the middle of the field (Terrence Lewis, Aaron Willis, Kaemen Marley, Deshawn Rucker plus guys like McDonald and Slaughter are only gone get better)

-Find a decent TE (Move Beckwith plus Hudson Wolfe, Miles Campbell)

-find a Cover LB (Lewis and Willis again, plus development of French, Joseph, move Whitehead)

-find a power RB (move Crouch or Banks, Cody Brown)

-MAYBE pass rush (Baron, Morven and RH are only gonna get better, plus we’re adding Dylan Brooks)

A few assistant coaching changes and we’re set.. not to mention we fix most of our problems with the recruiting class.
Sounds simple enough for a good head coach.......

-Get new personnel in the secondary to cover the middle of the field (Terrence Lewis, Aaron Willis, Kaemen Marley, Deshawn Rucker plus guys like McDonald and Slaughter are only gone get better)

-find a Cover LB (Lewis and Willis again, plus development of French, Joseph, move Whitehead)

-MAYBE pass rush (Baron, Morven and RH are only gonna get better, plus we’re adding Dylan Brooks)

A few assistant coaching changes and we’re set.. not to mention we fix most of our problems with the recruiting class.
So we will be waiting on Pruitts 4th recruiting class to finally get us out of the funk??? Been hearing that since the 2nd class.

Lulz. We are in no position to call any other teams disasters and sugar coating our ineptitude’s. It’s a bad look.

Sure, but we didn't... Josh Pate did.

But can Pruitt fix it? What's made us believe that he can?

Right now I'd say recruiting. He's proven he can't win with another coach's recruits, so our only hope is that he can do it with a roster full of his own guys... but it's mostly hope and little to believe in right now.

These are all true and I agree with all of them. The problem is most of the fixes will be Freshman next year. So the wins will most likely not happen next year either. Vol fans will scream "Fahr CJP" even if the pieces are in place.

I want to believe you're right, but does this class really stay in tact if UT loses out?
Bigger issue is coaches seem incapable of either identifying or/and fixing issues.

Just don't see Pruitt in Y4 suddenly letting go of the offense and hiring a legit modern OC...Chaney was the top-30/40 OC we maybe needed for stability (when we were assuming a great defense would be there to help) but he was never the top-10/15 type of elite OC we needed to get over the top.

Many figured our defense would bridge the gap until we could land a top notch OC and QB. Seems we now need to accelerate the offensive timeline just to be decent.

I don't share your opinion about Freeze not coming here. I agree about the other coaches you listed.
Whether Freeze is willing to come here is irrelevant, our administration (and the SEC) will fight it, so he will not end up here. SEC balked when Pruitt wanted to hire him as OC.

Whether Freeze is willing to come here is irrelevant, our administration (and the SEC) will fight it, so he will not end up here. SEC balked when Pruitt wanted to hire him as OC.
they can balk all they want, and if the school chooses to follow their lead, fine. but the can't stop a schoool from hirining him now....if USCe wants him, makes a deal, he'll be the head coach.

Freeze is willing to go to the highest bidder......err'body is his dream job right now....so willingness is relative.

They balked because Sankey didn't want him in the league while Ole Miss was still on probation (due to Freeze).. Ole Miss comes off probation this year.

I want to believe you're right, but does this class really stay in tact if UT loses out?

If we lose all of our remaining games? No. The class will not stay intact. You think guys like Brooks and Lewis are gonna stay with a team that gets beaten by an absolutely horrible Vandy team in year 3 of Pruitt?

We lose out and anything better than a top 25 class would be considered a huge success.

VN Store

Back