'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

The kid is in love with Henry T and they talk daily. He wants to be a VOL but as many know his ppl he lives with want him at MeatChicken. Only time will tell but it’s 50/50 right now

why not make his own choice? Its weird as hell these parents choose their kids school when they could go anywhere they want for free anyways.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
The kid is in love with Henry T and they talk daily. He wants to be a VOL but as many know his ppl he lives with want him at MeatChicken. Only time will tell but it’s 50/50 right now
Has anyone mentioned that it's #onlyMay, yet?

Also, signing day is #long way away.

A lot of Tennessee kids really do hate Tennessee

A lot of fans and analysts need to learn that having an abundance of instate talent isn’t the advantage y’all think it is. We live in a far more transient society than we used to. How many of the top Florida kids are leaving the state? Same for Georgia. Or anywhere. Kids cross state lines to go to college. Tennessee kids are no different.

A lot of fans and analysts need to learn that having an abundance of instate talent isn’t the advantage y’all think it is. We live in a far more transient society than we used to. How many of the top Florida kids are leaving the state? Same for Georgia. Or anywhere. Kids cross state lines to go to college. Tennessee kids are no different.

Louisiana didn’t get that memo. But They just got internet last week.

Reactions: onevol74
I am aware of that

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Make sure he is aware he is only going to be living with those people for another year.

Has anyone mentioned that it's #onlyMay, yet?

Also, signing day is #long way away.
If he wants in, does he have a spot, regardless of when he decides? I know we after him and Mondon, so would it be the first to commit or do we take 2 LB's still with only 4 spots left?

It’s Michigan btw

tenor.gif

If he wants in, does he have a spot, regardless of when he decides? I know we after him and Mondon, so would it be the first to commit or do we take 2 LB's still with only 4 spots left?
regardless of when he decides? i'd say no. i think if he wanted in now, we'd take him. Mondon has a spot whenever he wants it, no matter what colson does....just a guess there, but i'd be surprised if that's not the case.

i do legitimately think the staff wants colson, but i can't say he's so high up the board that he's one of the "has his spot reserved" types.

still to many other needs, and other players available. i'd love it if he picked us. someone said the other day that if he picked early that'd be good for us, but i don't see it that way....everybody knows Michigan is a big player here because of the family. so my take is that if he's picking early, he's just ending the drama and going with the path of least resistence...i'd think he'd need more time, possibly a visit to Knoxville with the fam, to smoothe everything over to commit to TN.

the other side of that is, maybe we did put the pressure on and say "hey, if you want in, now's the time, otherwise, we gotta move on"....i do think that "no reservations" mantra means a little more this year than years past.

so....i guess there's a little drama? but i think it's michigan and we just move on.....

Loser parents pushing an agenda. Kid won’t even finish his career playing for hair ball.
This really bothers me no matter what it is. We as parents, I have two teenagers, can guide our kids, but they need to make the decision on their own. Besides, it is their life and not ours to live. We have already lived our life and made mistakes, but that is how we learn and move on. Same needs to be for the kids. Just my opinion

This really bothers me no matter what it is. We as parents, I have two teenagers, can guide our kids, but they need to make the decision on their own. Besides, it is their life and not ours to live. We have already lived our life and made mistakes, but that is how we learn and move on. Same needs to be for the kids. Just my opinion
Yep, well said. Unfortunately, some parents get in the way of living vicariously through their kids and push them to a certain school. Then, there is also the other side where they are pushing, because they stand to be better off financially by their kid choosing a certain school. It’s the nature of the game of recruiting.

If he chooses Michigan, I hope he feels good about the choice. This isn’t the year to think it’s ok to choose someone else because the instate school will always have a spot for you. Not saying there won’t be as so many things can change with current committ list and spots by NSD but it is more of a risk this year than previous.

I personally really hope he chooses Vols. I like his game

Reactions: jakez4ut
If he chooses Michigan, I hope he feels good about the choice. This isn’t the year to think it’s ok to choose someone else because the instate school will always have a spot for you. Not saying there won’t be as so many things can change with current committ list and spots by NSD but it is more of a risk this year than previous.

I personally really hope he chooses Vols. I like his game
agreed.

VN Store

Back