'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

TheWolverine - The Haitian King: Junior Colson's Incredible Journey From Haiti To Michigan

Just so some of you can kinda understand a little more into what I was trying to say here's a good read on Junior and why he is as loyal to the ppl that took him in. As I said earlier on its bigger than football. While he wanted to be here, he kinda felt obligated as an act of gratitude to mk those ppl happy. From an Haitian orphanage to living in a top 5 County in America. See where I'm going and was referencing before? That's why I said 50/50 because he loved UT and was torn.

I hope he does great at UM.

I hope he does great at UM.
I also hope he does great, but it is pretty telling when recruits are committing elsewhere but miffed and maybe one day kicking themselves because they would rather be at Tennessee. That should tell you a lot about the state of the program, these coaches and this staff. We can't sign everyone, if we could we would end up with 60 commitments by February.

I also hope he does great, but it is pretty telling when recruits are committing elsewhere but miffed and maybe one day kicking themselves because they would rather be at Tennessee. That should tell you a lot about the state of the program, these coaches and this staff. We can't sign everyone, if we could we would end up with 60 commitments by February.

Blue font after hope he does great also? Lol. That’s how I read it.

TheWolverine - The Haitian King: Junior Colson's Incredible Journey From Haiti To Michigan

Just so some of you can kinda understand a little more into what I was trying to say here's a good read on Junior and why he is as loyal to the ppl that took him in. As I said earlier on its bigger than football. While he wanted to be here, he kinda felt obligated as an act of gratitude to mk those ppl happy. From an Haitian orphanage to living in a top 5 County in America. See where I'm going and was referencing before? That's why I said 50/50 because he loved UT and was torn.
The only thing I don't like is it comes across as an investment rather than taking in a kid in need out of kindness. I don't know his adoptive parents so I'm not questioning their motives, but to say he chose Michigan to "honor" them makes it seem as if there was never really any choice. Reminds me of a Mark Wahlberg movie I saw. I believe it was called "Instant Family". Wahlberg's character and his wife are part of a group looking to adopt children. One lady in the group is very specific about wanting a kid who will excel in football or basketball to secure her future. She was a running joke in the movie because she was looking to adopt for all the wrong reasons. I think they even mentioned "The Blind Side"/Michael Oher in reference.

Anyway, I hope Michigan was really Colson's choice, and I hope he'll be happy there, just as I hope, had he chosen UT, his adoptive parents would have supported his choice, no matter what. I understand feeling obligated, but I really hope they told him the choice was ultimately his. I just can't get behind the idea of adopting a meal ticket, so I hope there is a family love there.

The only thing I don't like is it comes across as an investment rather than taking in a kid in need out of kindness. I don't know his adoptive parents so I'm not questioning their motives, but to say he chose Michigan to "honor" them makes it seem as if there was never really any choice. Reminds me of a Mark Wahlberg movie I saw. I believe it was called "Instant Family". Wahlberg's character and his wife are part of a group looking to adopt children. One lady in the group is very specific about wanting a kid who will excel in football or basketball to secure her future. She was a running joke in the movie because she was looking to adopt for all the wrong reasons. I think they even mentioned "The Blind Side"/Michael Oher in reference.

Anyway, I hope Michigan was really Colson's choice, and I hope he'll be happy there, just as I hope, had he chosen UT, his adoptive parents would have supported his choice, no matter what. I understand feeling obligated, but I really hope they told him the choice was ultimately his. I just can't get behind the idea of adopting a meal ticket, so I hope there is a family love there.

lol my man - you think when they adopted him in 2012 when he was 9 yrs old, that they were doing it as an investment instead of doing it out of kindness? Really?? These people are freakin saints.

And yes, he most likely feels some obligation towards the people who took him in from an orphanage in Haiti. Who wouldn’t?

Not @ all accurate. Colson did it out of respect and to honor them. It was not their motive but as fans just like myself he was groomed to like Michigan. Stop trying to twist it as a negative. You nor I can question their motives because you don’t know that. Luck of the draw and it paid off for them.

Not @ all accurate. Colson did it out of respect and to honor them. It was not their motive but as fans just like myself he was groomed to like Michigan. Stop trying to twist it as a negative. You nor I can question their motives because you don’t know that. Luck of the draw and it paid off for them.

I didn't twist it as a negative, you just read it that way. I understand he likes Michigan because they like Michigan. I just hope he chose Michigan because that's where he wants to go, not just to appease his adoptive family. People keep saying he really wanted to be a Vol. If that were the case, then I would hope that his adoptive family would have supported that choice as well. Family supports you no matter what. I admire that they adopted this poor kid from Haiti, I just hope they let him make the choice he wanted. Saying that isn't negative or questioning their motives.

I didn't twist it as a negative, you just read it that way. I understand he likes Michigan because they like Michigan. I just hope he chose Michigan because that's where he wants to go, not just to appease his adoptive family. People keep saying he really wanted to be a Vol. If that were the case, then I would hope that his adoptive family would have supported that choice as well. Family supports you no matter what. I admire that they adopted this poor kid from Haiti, I just hope they let him make the choice he wanted. Saying that isn't negative or questioning their motives.
Yeah, I get this, but pretty sure De1 is saying it’s not an issue of “appeasing“ them, but being genuinely thankful for them and wanting to do something special.

Trey Smith wanted to get his degree because his mother is special to him and he wanted to bring her joy by doing something special for her. It’s what he wants, in part because it’s something he can do to make her happy.

Getting a similar read on this kid. Loves his adoptive family and sees this as an opportunity to bless them like they’ve been a blessing to him. Seems like they’d be happy for him either way but this is what he wants as a way of giving them a gift.

Anyway, good luck to the kid, and if he decides to wear orange instead one day I’ll be thrilled to see him meet some dudes over the middle.

Congrats, on his way to play for Pasty Manboobs!

Just kidding, kind of, wish this young man luck.

Yeah, I get this, but pretty sure De1 is saying it’s not an issue of “appeasing“ them, but being genuinely thankful for them and wanting to do something special.

Trey Smith wanted to get his degree because his mother is special to him and he wanted to bring her joy by doing something special for her. It’s what he wants, in part because it’s something he can do to make her happy.

Getting a similar read on this kid. Loves his adoptive family and sees this as an opportunity to bless them like they’ve been a blessing to him. Seems like they’d be happy for him either way but this is what he wants as a way of giving them a gift.

Anyway, good luck to the kid, and if he decides to wear orange instead one day I’ll be thrilled to see him meet some dudes over the middle.
In a roundabout way, what I was trying to say is I think he chose Michigan because HE wants to go to Michigan. I guess I wasn't clear because I kind of went off on a tangent. He may like UT, but he wants to go to Michigan. Whether it's to please his adoptive parents, or because he was raised a Michigan fan, or whatever else, he decided that's where he wants to go. I don't think it was family pressure so much as he was raised a fan. I wasn't trying to impugn his adoptive parents.

Sometimes I get lost in what I'm trying to say because tangential thoughts get in the way. But I agree, wherever he plays, best of luck, unless it's against us. Then I hope he has a bad game.

We are loaded and turning some away already and its still May.

VN Store

Back