‘23 TN OLB Caleb Herring (Tennessee Commit)

Tennessee saw a handful of commitments to the 2023 class make a jump in the latest rankings update on Monday.

In-state pass rusher Caleb Herring jumped over 40 spots going from #98 overall to #56. The younger brother of current Vol Elijah Herring has everything college coaches look for. He is explosive and quick twitch. His length is super impressive. Ultimately his success will come down to putting on weight. He has the frame to do so but at the moment he will need to add pounds before and once he arrives on campus.

“He plays all over their defense,” On3 Director of scouting and rankings Charles Power said. “He can play in space and cover the slot receiver. I think he project longterm as a LEO, pass rusher type. These rankings are an NFL draft type projection. It’s really a 3-4 year down the line projection. I think from watching him as a senior it points toward a really high upside.”
Vol commitments and targets on the rise in On3 rankings update

Tennessee saw a handful of commitments to the 2023 class make a jump in the latest rankings update on Monday.

In-state pass rusher Caleb Herring jumped over 40 spots going from #98 overall to #56. The younger brother of current Vol Elijah Herring has everything college coaches look for. He is explosive and quick twitch. His length is super impressive. Ultimately his success will come down to putting on weight. He has the frame to do so but at the moment he will need to add pounds before and once he arrives on campus.

“He plays all over their defense,” On3 Director of scouting and rankings Charles Power said. “He can play in space and cover the slot receiver. I think he project longterm as a LEO, pass rusher type. These rankings are an NFL draft type projection. It’s really a 3-4 year down the line projection. I think from watching him as a senior it points toward a really high upside.”
Vol commitments and targets on the rise in On3 rankings update

1663627747778.gif

Elijah looked good out there Saturday. Was kinda surprised because when we signed him I believe some people were theorizing that we were getting him to have a better chance with Caleb.
Elijah is a good player in his own right. And going to keep getting better I believe. Glad we have him as well. GBO!

Every linebacker on the roster is able to come back next season except Solon Page. I'm not saying that they will, but they can.

I thought this was JuJu's year. In that case, Herring is atleast in the rotation next year. I think Banks leaves but would love if JuJu comes back.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
There was a discussion in another thread last week. I did the research, and Mitchell still has his Covid year because he redshirted last year. I thought this was it as well, but he has another year.

Oh ok. I thought he used his RS before coming here. I knew he had two years of eligibility when he got here.

I thought this was JuJu's year. In that case, Herring is atleast in the rotation next year. I think Banks leaves but would love if JuJu comes back.
Herring will be solidly in the rotation the further into the season we get this year. Dude is a beast. Pak Garland's injury has allowed for more reps for the two freshmen linebackers and Herring is way ahead of Perry right now.

Herring will be solidly in the rotation the further into the season we get this year. Dude is a beast. Pak Garland's injury has allowed for more reps for the two freshmen linebackers and Herring is way ahead of Perry right now.

We need Herring to be solidly in the rotation the 2nd half of this year...

Mitchell
Beasley
Herring
Pak
Perry
Jalen Smith
Telander

and maybe Banks returns? Gotta like that pool to choose from
Not confident Mitchell stays a Vol after this season regardless of eligibility.

Beasley / Garland/ Perry
Herring or Smith/ Garland/ Telander

Our Defense around them will be stout regardless of whos starting

Not confident Mitchell stays a Vol after this season regardless of eligibility.

Beasley / Garland/ Perry
Herring or Smith/ Garland/ Telander

Our Defense around them will be stout regardless of whos starting
Why? There’s zero indication he would leave. Injured last year, stayed. 2 game suspension this season, stayed.

Why? There’s zero indication he would leave. Injured last year, stayed. 2 game suspension this season, stayed.
It may not be his choice is what Im saying.

We needed this guy to really solidify the LB group last year after losing Henry T.
Thank goodness Banks started to put it all together last year! We really would have been screwed...
And now this season..he gets suspended before everything? Not even an injury situation.

Ran from Texas after leading them in tackles that season in whch is he was hurt a few games.
He flat out doesn't seem dependable....

Thanks goodness Beasley seems to be hungry!

It may not be his choice is what Im saying.

We needed this guy to really solidify the LB group last year after losing Henry T.
Thank goodness Banks started to put it all together last year! We really would have been screwed...
And now this season..he gets suspended before everything? Not even an injury situation.

Ran from Texas after leading them in tackles that season in whch is he was hurt a few games.
He flat out doesn't seem dependable....

Thanks goodness Beasley seems to be hungry!
He didn’t run from Texas, they had a coaching overhaul. He’s a good linebacker. No way in hell heupel will ask him to leave if he can contribute serious starting minutes. Especially since theres only going to be basically 2 guys (herring and Beasley) who have experience besides Mitchell

VN Store

Back