‘23 TN OLB Caleb Herring (Tennessee Commit)

Thoughts the report that he is likely to visit A&M?
No. He won’t be visiting anywhere.
-AP

Earlier in the day:
Caleb Herring could visit A&M but it probably won't amount to much plus more here:
His brother, Elijah, already plays at Tennessee and the four-star linebacker from Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Riverdale committed to the Vols in April but a new offer from Texas A&M intrigues him enough that a visit to College Station will probably happen. There is no sign or indication that Herring is in any way considering a flip but the door is slightly cracked especially if the Aggies get him on campus. Still, it’s unlikely anything would happen.
-Adam Gorney

So glad this kid is staying home.
Huge need!
To have ANY chance at all, a defense has to get to the QB. Ends and pass rushers come only after the QB, whenever it comes to the most important position in the game.

I'm as excited about Nico as any UT fan can be; but, our DE/Pass Rushers recruiting over the last two years is top 5 in the country...the last two years, at the 2 most important positions in football, Heupel and Co has recruited top 5 in the land. The two most absolute NEEDS/foundation pieces to build around.

To have ANY chance at all, a defense has to get to the QB. Ends and pass rushers come only after the QB, whenever it comes to the most important position in the game.

I'm as excited about Nico as any UT fan can be; but, our DE/Pass Rushers recruiting over the last two years is top 5 in the country...the last two years, at the 2 most important positions in football, Heupel and Co has recruited top 5 in the land. The two most absolute NEEDS/foundation pieces to build around.

Where do you get that we've recruited top 5 Edge/DE recruits the last two years? We are looking good for 2023, but the last two classes were not top DL hauls.

Yes, Byron Young is a huge talent but he was 3-star, and definitely not a top tier recruit. The 2021 class didn't have any other standouts. Pearce and Josephs may turn out great, but neither were top 20 at their position.

Where do you get that we've recruited top 5 Edge/DE recruits the last two years? We are looking good for 2023, but the last two classes were not top DL hauls.

Yes, Byron Young is a huge talent but he was 3-star, and definitely not a top tier recruit. The 2021 class didn't have any other standouts. Pearce and Josephs may turn out great, but neither were top 20 at their position.
Go check on3 on them
#2 and #11

Screenshot_20220730-102702_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220730-102816_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220730-102811_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220730-102634_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220730-102702_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220730-102816_Chrome.jpg

Just a little bit of research, dude...

Instead-like many- you want to live inside the idea that we are struggling and the corner hasn't turned.

Just a little bit of research, dude...

Instead-like many- you want to live inside the idea that we are struggling and the corner hasn't turned.

I did the research . After looking up our last few years of DL recruiting, it is obviously not top tier. (Maybe it is if you cherry pick one site's recruiting ranking and ignore the other four sites.)

I'm a huge fan of what Heupel is doing and the 2023 class looks to be a better tier than previous years, but we have not been bringing in nationally recognized DL classes in recent years.

And that's not to say that some of these recruits can outperform their ranking and turn out to be NFL caliber players. I sure hope so, but they aren't projected to do that based on their ranking.

I did the research . After looking up our last few years of DL recruiting, it is obviously not top tier. (Maybe it is if you cherry pick one site's recruiting ranking and ignore the other four sites.)

I'm a huge fan of what Heupel is doing and the 2023 class looks to be a better tier than previous years, but we have not been bringing in nationally recognized DL classes in recent years.

And that's not to say that some of these recruits can outperform their ranking and turn out to be NFL caliber players. I sure hope so, but they aren't projected to do that based on their ranking.
Our EDGE recruitng is literally averaging 5th right now over the past 2 classes.

That's what you asked for. And you said it wasn't top 5 and I showed you it is.
There's literally nothing else for you to say, except "oh I guess it has been Top 5".

Some call it cherry picking (you), and some call it watching the film and seeing it with their own two eyes (me)...James Pearce is a perfect example of this. Now, i dont claim to sit around and watch film of every recruit, i dont; but, whenever it comes to the recruits that rush the passer, i do...QBs and pass rushers, only film I really ever watch/interested in.

Also, I didn't say "DL"...I said DEs/Edge/Pass Rushers. Also, again, Top 5. If you disagree, fine; this world is filled with people who know nothing of what they're talking about.

Last edited:

1) He actually posted from 2 sites: On3 and 247. Those are also the 2 most credible given that they’re Shannon Terry’s two most recent sites and he tends to take the the best analysts.

2) There aren’t 4 “other” sites. There are 4 total. He showed half of them…the most credible half.

3) ESPN is garbage. They don’t even scout players live. They have one guy who loves Notre Dame ranking players based on what other people say and how he feels. So basically, you have 3 legit sites: On3, 247, and Rivals. But ESPN gets recognized as a “major” site because of the name.

4) He showed you receipts. Pearce, Joseph, Herring, and Bradley are all top 15 recruits at their position. Pearce and Bradley are top 2. You said UT hadn’t signed any top 20. You’re not any less wrong by accusing him of “cherry picking” the most credible 2 of the 4 major sites.

1) He actually posted from 2 sites: On3 and 247. Those are also the 2 most credible given that they’re Shannon Terry’s two most recent sites and he tends to take the the best analysts.

2) There aren’t 4 “other” sites. There are 4 total. He showed half of them…the most credible half.

3) ESPN is garbage. They don’t even scout players live. They have one guy who loves Notre Dame ranking players based on what other people say and how he feels. So basically, you have 3 legit sites: On3, 247, and Rivals. But ESPN gets recognized as a “major” site because of the name.

4) He showed you receipts. Pearce, Joseph, Herring, and Bradley are all top 15 recruits at their position. Pearce and Bradley are top 2. You said UT hadn’t signed any top 20. You’re not any less wrong by accusing him of “cherry picking” the most credible 2 of the 4 major sites.

Pearce is #21 EDGE in class of '22 247 composite rankings and Josephs #27, which is why I said "not top 20". 21 and 27 are literally not top 20.

I stated that 2023 class was looking top tier. Bradley is #8 and Herring #11, so not sure why you're even bringing them up.

You are right that I made a mistake about four other sites. I meant to say four total sites.

Pearce is #21 EDGE in class of '22 247 composite rankings and Josephs #27, which is why I said "not top 20". 21 and 27 are literally not top 20.

I stated that 2023 class was looking top tier. Bradley is #8 and Herring #11, so not sure why you're even bringing them up.

You are right that I made a mistake about four other sites. I meant to say four total sites.
What is on3s ranking For Pearce and Joseph? Not composite or consensus they’re actually ranking for on3 themselves, and if you go off 247 rankings for them they’re 18 and 20, composite is stupid because how **** ESPN and Rivals is at ranking kids

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Rankings aside: they are the most talented group we have brought in a very long time.
Each 4 of those kids would be crown jewels edge rushers for most schools...and we'll have 4 of them.

Last edited:
Rankings aside: they are the most talented group we have brought in a very long time.
Each 4 of those kids would be crown jewels edge rushers for most schools...and we'll have 4 or them.

Agreed, high character and loaded with potential. The exciting part is that we are trending up for 2023 class so by the time the 2021 and 2022 classes get to Jr/Sr status we should have serious competition and the elite pass rush the posters above are referencing.

Agreed, high character and loaded with potential. The exciting part is that we are trending up for 2023 class so by the time the 2021 and 2022 classes get to Jr/Sr status we should have serious competition and the elite pass rush the posters above are referencing.
The 21 class is virtually nonexistent. I like the guys who remain from that class. There's just not many of them.

🤪

Our EDGE recruitng is literally averaging 5th right now over the past 2 classes.

That's what you asked for. And you said it wasn't top 5 and I showed you it is.
There's literally nothing else for you to say, except "oh I guess it has been Top 5".

Tell it like it is!

VN Store

Back