'25 TN OL Nic Moore

They have a wishlist. If we get everyone on it, he may not have a spot. Seriously, recruits do have to take this into consideration especially if it’s a top team they really want.
By that same logic if we land everyone on that wish list wouldn’t that mean we would have to tell him it would better for him to look elsewhere thus putting the kid in a worse position with other schools

By that same logic if we land everyone on that wish list wouldn’t that mean we would have to tell him it would better for him to look elsewhere thus putting the kid in a worse position with other schools
Yeah, it’s a risky business.

We have 10 commitments, 1 of which is an OL. What’s with the “may not have a spot” talk?
Unknown to most fans CJH hired Dooley as an OL analyst this off-season. New philosophy being deployed. 1 OL commit means no spots left for OL. The one commit we have is even in jeopardy of not having a shot on signing day.

“High 4 star” why does this matter. It’s been proven time over time the coaches evaluations matter way more than recruiting analyst on a website…they could value him over someone like Josh Petty who is a 5 star for all we know
It’s been proven much more that teams with the most high 4 and 5* players win the most championships. You don’t win big without the big time blue chip players.

Reactions: Adam2014
It’s been proven much more that teams with the most high 4 and 5* players win the most championships. You don’t win big without the big time blue chip players.

Not an argument either way, just stats:

69.6% is the average blue chip ratio for the national championship team in the playoff era. It’s yet to be determined how this number will be impacted moving forward with the addition of the transfer portal.

Not an argument either way, just stats:

69.6% is the average blue chip ratio for the national championship team in the playoff era. It’s yet to be determined how this number will be impacted moving forward with the addition of the transfer portal.
Look if you think teams like UGA, OSU and other teams that consistently get top recruiting classes are just gonna go away because of the portal, then you are crazy. The fact is the data shows the teams with the highest amount of 4 and 5* players win the most championships. Sure there are outliers but that’s not the rule.

Can the portal change that? I am sure it will somewhat. But highly doubt it will change it like you think.

Reactions: Adam2014
Look if you think teams like UGA, OSU and other teams that consistently get top recruiting classes are just gonna go away because of the portal, then you are crazy. The fact is the data shows the teams with the highest amount of 4 and 5* players win the most championships. Sure there are outliers but that’s not the rule.

Can the portal change that? I am sure it will somewhat. But highly doubt it will change it like you think.

I wasn’t talking about them going away. The top consistent teams will always be built through HS recruiting and supplementing through portal.

I was talking about how the portal may impact the blue chip ratio, specifically how it may bring it down some. When that number is being calculated, will they use the player’s HS rating or their transfer rating? Things like that.

Nice local prospect.
Ricky Upton was the most recent player I can think of that was big time from that area

On the pod today AP said Moore was initially put off by the late offer from UT, but has since moved past that and would be shocked if he didn’t end up at UT. Also said he and Sanders really hit it off this past weekend.
Awesome!

Reactions: BbwVol
On the pod today AP said Moore was initially put off by the late offer from UT, but has since moved past that and would be shocked if he didn’t end up at UT. Also said he and Sanders really hit it off this past weekend.
Lol. These in-state kids and their attitudes about being offered “late” baffles me. You’re not a 5* can’t miss prospect! And it’s MAY THE YEAR BEFORE you graduate! You still have an entire season to play high school. It’s not a late offer! Late offers come 2 weeks or even 2 months before NSD, but 3+ months before your senior season even starts is not late.

Lol. These in-state kids and their attitudes about being offered “late” baffles me. You’re not a 5* can’t miss prospect! And it’s MAY THE YEAR BEFORE you graduate! You still have an entire season to play high school. It’s not a late offer! Late offers come 2 weeks or even 2 months before NSD, but 3+ months before your senior season even starts is not late.
With the way recruiting and training programs run now, if you don't offer the kid within hours of them being conceived then you are considered a late offer.

Kids today - "If I don't hear from you by 8th grade, then I'm out" 😆

Last edited:

VN Store

Back