'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

INB4 the inevitable “WTF is Pruitt doing” posters descend.

Eh. OL recruiting was a strength. Not sure who we passed over for this kid, but worst case you tell the story of how you took care of him and got him healthy and he's a VFL, etc. Might play well in back in Memphis.

That was ironic. But, to be fair, it's hard to know about an internal issue. Even if they did, for several reasons, they shouldn't be reporting it until the player wants to.

Oh, I don't seriously fault them for it. Just a dumb coincidence.

Not to sound heartless because it certainly sucks for the player - but hopefully this means we get his initial counter back and we can use that on another OL in this class.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
"Melvin is in good health"

Lol, VQ is having a rough summer.
Meh, could be something like cardiomyopathy. Totally manageable but screws you up with athletics. Hopefully it’s something easily managed for this kid.

I think the rule is if any university resources are used that the player counts against the number, I would hope that there is an exception in cases like these though.

There was speculation about health issues about him while he was at Whitehaven, wasn't there? I swear I recall seeing posts somewhere on this board about it. There's too many pages for me to go look through all of them, but I feel like that was definitely brought up.

I hate it for the kid if it's heart problems. That sucks.

That is what I heard back in early January was that he had heart issues. I heard it from a Georgia Rivals mod who said that the Georgia staff felt he may have been one of the most athletic lineman in the country but they were reserved because of the issue. I was a little skeptical about it at first, seems true now.
If that's true, it really says a lot to me about Pruitt's opinion of our returning OL roster (sans freshmen) and the possibility that they could ever be coached up (i.e. that he would take that risk on this kid, because if UGA knew, surely we did). Best wishes for a long and productive life for the young man outside of football though).

Reactions: Sleegro
Good grief. Prayers for the young man, but at some point recruits are just going to avoid us so they won't get hit with the curse.

GU, im sure the coaches knew this was a possibility. Get better young man. Onto the next one.

VN Store

Back