'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
8341857.jpg

OG
6-4
CLASS OF 19
MEMPHIS, TN
(WHITEHAVEN)

Melvin McBride, Whitehaven, Offensive Guard

Rivals.com

Melvin McBride - Hudl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KSBleedingUTOrange
“last year was my first year playing. That was my first time ever playing football,” said mcbride. “i was around school, a big guy. I used to play basketball, so that's why i'm kind of already a little athletic and stuff. That's where i got that from, and (whitehaven football) coach (rodney) saulsberry just got me started on playing football. This time last year is when i really started playing football.”

tennessee has shown interest in mcbride over the past couple of months, and he visited the vols on april 21 for the first time to attend their spring-ending orange and white game. “it was real nice,” he said. “i love tennessee. That was the best visit i’ve been on. I love everything about it. I love the fans, the way they cheer for the team and stuff. They’re some diehard fans. I like the stadium. I like the facility. I like how i talked to some of the players. I like everything about it. I love it down there at tennessee. “(i like) the atmosphere, the environment. I felt comfortable there. And the way the fans were - they have diehard fans. I like the coaches and stuff. I like how they play.”

“when they first started showing interest in me, the first coach to follow me on twitter was coach pruitt, the head coach,” mcbride said. “he was the first person to (message) me. He was like, ‘i’ve got to get you down here.’ he wanted me to get down there for a visit. “that was, like, two months ago. The next day, like, six assistant coaches followed me.”

he said he’s still hearing from tennessee “about three or four times a week,” and wide receivers coach david johnson - a former assistant coach at memphis - stopped at his school in late april to watch him practice.

“they came to my practice the other week,” mcbride said. “they videoed me doing drills and stuff. Then, after that, coach pruitt messaged me that night. He was like, ‘coach johnson was psyched to see you. He said you looked good.’ “they just keep telling me i look good. They’re like, ‘keep working hard.’ i don’t know what they’ve got going now. They haven’t said nothing about (going to tennessee’s) camp yet.”

Could you imagine playing something for only one year and getting P5 offers? Might be an uncovered gem here right under our nose.

Interesting to see how this develops.

Reactions: MiramarVol
If you have to explain how or why a joke is original on the Internet, it’s probably not a very good joke.

Good lord is Whitehaven loaded.

And it’s obvious now the staff wants some inside guys.

[twitter]1007334685964406784[/twitter]

If that offer is legit I bet he commits very soon. Pretty sure the quotes from his last visit were he was wanting a UT offer BAD.

Reactions: 3 people
Love the fact Pruitt is focusing so heavily on the line. Past coaches had good recruiting classes by rankings, but when 3/4 of your class are 180 pound wide receivers and DB's, the team is gonna struggle.

VN Store

Back