Joe Crocker, 2023 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

247 -
Joe Crocker, Franklin Road Academy, Offensive Tackle

Offers -
EKU
, Kentucky, OleMiss, MissSt, Tulane, VOLS

Video -

Last edited:
I bet it’s extremely difficult to evaluate high school offensive linemen. A lot of these kids are 6’6”, 300lb+ and they are going one on one with kids 5’11”, 210 lbs.
GBO!!

I bet it’s extremely difficult to evaluate high school offensive linemen. A lot of these kids are 6’6”, 300lb+ and they are going one on one with kids 5’11”, 210 lbs.
GBO!!
Best thing to do is offer his teammates. Kid can do a lot of good, with a little help from his friends.

GBO!!

Any easier than evaluating 5* QBs who lose by a combined 101-7 in consecutive years to the 3rd best team in the district while amassing a 6 for 22 stat line with 34 yards and 1 INT? oops, wrong thread...

Reactions: fearsvols
The Class of 2023 offensive tackle from Franklin Road Academy in Nashville, Tenn., is originally from England and also spent time in Australia and Scotland before his family moved to Middle Tennessee when he was in fourth grade. Soccer was his first love before he started playing football when he was in fifth grade, and he doesn’t claim to have a favorite college football team.

But the 6-foot-7, 310-pound Crocker said the offer he received Tuesday from Tennessee was a big deal to him and “a good surprise, definitely.” While he’s already being pursued by six schools overall, including four SEC programs, he said he expects to give the Vols strong consideration moving forward.

“Definitely a big one, being a big, in-state school,” he said of the Tennessee offer. “It was definitely something that I had wanted and was hoping I would get, and I’d really enjoyed my time on campus pre-COVID, so that was really cool.

“It’s definitely appealing being close to home and having family closer, considering I only have a small family over here, so it’s definitely appealing being close to home rather than being really far away. But my parents are really open to me exploring every option and just trying to find the right fit.”
“I would say it’s wide open, but I know I’ll always have Tennessee being, like, the big in-state school, so I know I will always keep them close to heart because it’s Tennessee,” Crocker said. “I’ve grown up in Tennessee. It’s close to my family, so that’s definitely an important thing to me. I will always kind of value that.

“And they’re early on me. I also really value that — like, the early belief, rather than coming in later on. That’s definitely a plus to me, too.”

“The campus was great,” he said, recalling his junior-day visit with the Vols’ former staff more than a year ago. “It was me and my dad. We liked the academics, too. We liked how they had, like, tutors and stuff like that. I thought that was really a good thing, and it was definitely a plus. We got to see all the facilities and, at the time, talked to the coaches. And that was pretty cool, trying to build a relationship with them.

“But the visit was great. I really enjoyed my time on campus.”

“I think I’ve been to, like, the Alabama game and the Vandy game versus Tennessee. … Definitely, the atmosphere is special, just from being there for a few games,” he said. “You can definitely tell the fans are so into it, and they care a lot about the team.

“And, I mean, it’s definitely a catchy song — ’Rocky Top’ — so that’s a plus.”

“I know that Tennessee hasn’t been in a place where they’ve wanted to be for, like, the last few years,” Crocker said. “But (it is) definitely on the rise with Coach Heupel.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back