'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

A coach cannot put a player in the portal, otherwise, Saban would have owned that business. Second, he has to be in the portal before he can talk with TN, much less transfer or show up on campus. Price should know this.
The portal merely allows schools to contact them. Cade can freely call up anybody he wants without being in it. He can freely show up on UT's campus all he wants without notifying a soul. The whole process is there to protect the student-athlete from being recruited when it is not wanted.

As for being "put into" the portal, I do believe the player has to give written notification of transfer prior. So either there is some miscommunication in this story, Cade was strongarmed into giving the written notification, or UGA outright did it without his permission.

Remember Peyton?[/QUOTE
Maybe you’re right but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than devastatingly disappointed, so I am assuming he is gonna get paid to play next year.
Payton never had doctors tell him his football career may be over

Does the USC transfer take one?
Didn’t think Velus was official. VQ said a spot was his if he wants it. If he does...down to two. Still don’t know if Miles Jones is a walk on transfer...that’d be two.

Reactions: Sleegro
Kirby and UGA is about to go up in smoke and I love it!! Butthurt moves like this is what kills a HC on the recruiting trail. Pruitt will be able to use things like this to negative recruit Kirby for a few years! Let’s go!!
Pruitt won't have to use it.. High level recruiting world is a small one and stuff like this gets around FAST.. Kirby will be the one having to explain this away to recruits.. Let's see if they continue to buy what he's selling.....

A coach cannot put a player in the portal, otherwise, Saban would have owned that business. Second, he has to be in the portal before he can talk with TN, much less transfer or show up on campus. Price should know this.
why would you have to enter the portal before transfering? kids could transfer before the portal just fine (and sit out)

why would you have to enter the portal before transfering? kids could transfer before the portal just fine (and sit out)
Entering the transfer portal is the equivalent of reopening their recruitment. If you already have a spot lined up there’s no need for it, but many kids don’t have a plan, they just need a change.

The portal merely allows schools to contact them. Cade can freely call up anybody he wants without being in it. He can freely show up on UT's campus all he wants without notifying a soul. The whole process is there to protect the student-athlete from being recruited when it is not wanted.

As for being "put into" the portal, I do believe the player has to give written notification of transfer prior. So either there is some miscommunication in this story, Cade was strongarmed into giving the written notification, or UGA outright did it without his permission.
how specific is that notification? If he is wanting to enroll at UT I would imagine Cade had to send some paperwork to UGA about transfering credits and whatever other paperwork. Depending on the wording that COULD be enough.

how specific is that notification? If he is wanting to enroll at UT I would imagine Cade had to send some paperwork to UGA about transfering credits and whatever other paperwork. Depending on the wording that COULD be enough.
He could have went through administration and already had all the school stuff taken care of as far as transfer without coach knowing, and broke the news to him today that his mind had been made up and he was leaving

VN Store

Back