'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

So if asked this time last year, you would say you "could [sic] care less" about Wanya or Darnell? And if that attitude cost our relationship with them last year, where would we be right now?

Newt caring or not caring about a 2020 recruit right now has no positive or negative effect on their recruitment. Yes, the coaches should care about 2020 recruits and on past that building relationships etc, but posters on this board are not coaches

Newt caring or not caring about a 2020 recruit right now has no positive or negative effect on their recruitment. Yes, the coaches should care about 2020 recruits and on past that building relationships etc, but posters on this board are not coaches
Well then why do we care about 2019 recruits, either? Why even read this board? If something negatively affects an important recruit, I care. Whether they're a 2019 recruit or a 2029 recruit. I never said we could do anything about it, but just dismissing a bad visit from what should be a high priority recruit for next year is a bit shortsighted.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Well then why do we care about 2019 recruits, either? Why even read this board? If something negatively affects an important recruit, I care. Whether they're a 2019 recruit or a 2029 recruit. I never said we could do anything about it, but just dismissing a bad visit from what should be a high priority recruit for next year is a bit shortsighted.

The better question is why do you care about how any other poster chooses to view recruiting? Newt chooses to not care about classes past the current one because a lot of things can change, you clearly care about recruits from every year, I am sure there are some people that don't care about recruiting at all on here. Who cares? None of those views are terrible attitudes.

You are holding on too tight, you are going to kill the bunny.

I'm not stressin on 2020 YET.
Gotta focus on 2019 first. Now if I was a coach, that would be different. And my perspective has nothing to do with how well or bad his visit went.

Stop telling me what to care about!
tenor.gif

I rarely comment but wanna add that I graduated and played along side VOL52UT. By far one of the better people in my class. Always quite, always smiling. For those of you that got your mangina hurt by his comments about this past weekend I guarantee you it to be an accurate observation.

I rarely comment but wanna add that I graduated and played along side VOL52UT. By far one of the better people in my class. Always quite, always smiling. For those of you that got your mangina hurt by his comments about this past weekend I guarantee you it to be an accurate observation.
i don't think anyone is disputing him or his comments about the visit. im sure there's reason for him to feel the way he feels. i also don't think it's a big a deal some made it out to be. i don't know what good comes from airing it out in public though, that doesn't make much sense to me? to what end does doing that help you, your son or this program? especially after a night like we just had. just fuel added to a pretty hot blaze. i get wanting to protect your kid etc...and i'm not disparaging papa tucker at all here. just questioning the choice to put it on message boards. i'm sure he's what you say he is.

i agree with those that said that's something that should be discussed with the coach and staff, i believe, as others have already said, that i'm sure they'd appreciate that kind of feedback, so as to prevent future occurances.

I was going to post this before I saw that Pops Tucker posted, but I don’t think the gut reaction to seeing legitimate criticism of a facet of program we all love but mostly do not have any first hand experience with to be so knee jerk and defensive. 99% of us have no idea what the process is like for recruits or their families. It is 100% that the on-the-field product is not the only messed up part of the operation right now. While we are obviously not the people that need to know this, the info is indeed valuable to fixing this thing from top to bottom. Thanks for posting, Mr Tucker.
I suggest Mr Tucker share this type information CJP or CPF, not with people on a message board.

i don't think anyone is disputing him or his comments about the visit. im sure there's reason for him to feel the way he feels. i also don't think it's a big a deal some made it out to be. i don't know what good comes from airing it out in public though, that doesn't make much sense to me? to what end does doing that help you, your son or this program? especially after a night like we just had. just fuel added to a pretty hot blaze. i get wanting to protect your kid etc...and i'm not disparaging papa tucker at all here. just questioning the choice to put it on message boards. i'm sure he's what you say he is.

i agree with those that said that's something that should be discussed with the coach and staff, i believe, as others have already said, that i'm sure they'd appreciate that kind of feedback, so as to prevent future occurances.

Maybe he should/shouldn't have posted it on a message board I'm not really one to say. I didn't look at the time he posted but maybe it was frustration over the experience plus outcome of the game. My point for posting was some of the replies about "his son not getting enough attention" per say. So many people over the years jumped ship when the tough times got to rolling. Anytime ive ever seen VOL52UT he's had UT gear on. Love's the Vols and I'm sure he wants his son at UT. There's no fault in being honest regardless where its at.

Maybe he should/shouldn't have posted it on a message board I'm not really one to say. I didn't look at the time he posted but maybe it was frustration over the experience plus outcome of the game. My point for posting was some of the replies about "his son not getting enough attention" per say. So many people over the years jumped ship when the tough times got to rolling. Anytime ive ever seen VOL52UT he's had UT gear on. Love's the Vols and I'm sure he wants his son at UT. There's no fault in being honest regardless where its at.
and that's fine, and i don't have any other frame of reference about the guy to argue about it, i'll just take your word for it.

but there's been very few examples of family members of players/recruits getting on message boards and joining the fray and that going well. that's all i was getting at.

and it sounds like he figured that out pretty quick based on his posts here. so i'll just leave it at that. i don't have any ill will about it at all...

Reactions: Brillovol and XMR
and that's fine, and i don't have any other frame of reference about the guy to argue about it, i'll just take your word for it.

but there's been very few examples of family members of players/recruits getting on message boards and joining the fray and that going well. that's all i was getting at.

and it sounds like he figured that out pretty quick based on his posts here. so i'll just leave it at that. i don't have any ill will about it at all...

Wasn't trying to come off as a$$. Got a little irritated with some of the "attention" remarks. BT already has the attention of the majority of big schools. Hope he jumps on board and gets us back to where we should be.

GO VOLS....

Wasn't trying to come off as a$$. Got a little irritated with some of the "attention" remarks. BT already has the attention of the majority of big schools. Hope he jumps on board and gets us back to where we should be.

GO VOLS....
agreed. we could certainly use him. and i'm sure once he's here, his dad won't have any issues getting in, out, around the stadium....lol :)

Reactions: XMR

GO VOLS....

Feel the same way here. Rooting for the kid.

GO VOLS....

You are not coming off in a bad way nor is the poster you’re discussing it with. I think the attention comments were crappy as well and doesn’t help UT. I think pops was posting more as a fan would and it wasn’t just his son who he said was affected. Sounds like some of our hostesses need to be fired but like most people these days, people just have their noses in their phones. It’s the crap that we live with in today’s world. People would rather text than talk to each other. Hope pops addresses it with the coaches because if true, and have to reason to believe it’s not, then someone needs to have a foot put up their butts other than the players.

GO VOLS....

I'm sure you and Mr. Tucker know this but it bears repeating. There are a lot of idiots that go off half cocked at a mere gnat fart. They are, IMO, a minority here. Don't let the stupid things they say aggravate you.

Post more and tell Mr. Tucker best of luck.

I contacted a person in the recruiting office as I for one would hate to see the recruitment of a sure player that wants to be a VOL screwed up over some minor things. They insured me it would be fixed. Here is the biggest issue there is a new command and they do a lot of stuff differently. There has been an overhaul of the recruiting office and how some things are done. Again they said kinks are being fixed and we all hope things will work out.

VN Store

Back