'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

i don't think it's only UT fans he's speaking to either. i haven't checked, but i bet if someone were to look, there'd be some posts about him only getting serious consideration b/c of his brother from UGA fans, along with what he posted in the tweet.
Yeah I'm pretty sure i remember someone posting on here that the UGA fans were claiming they landed Cade because they promised to have a spot for Cooper. Now it seems they have reneged on their deal.

Yeah there have been some on here that have said those things he mentioned but for the most part, it's been that he is one of the top players at his position. I haven't checked in a while but I believe he was like the 3rd ranked center in the nation at one point.

I do know the don't won't came from here because most people held resentment toward Cade for him flipping to UGA.

Now, pretty much everyone on this board wants Cooper and hope we land him, and are even hoping Cade will graduate early and finish his career at UT with Cooper.

Cade is not coming here. saw that floated a while back. that's a firm 'believe it when i see it' for me.

and yeah, there's more than a couple people out there that have decided it's cool to blackball the whole mays family cause of cade.

which is dumb. i think cooper would do well here, i think our staff definitley wants him here. i think most fans want him here.

anyway, he has a spot right now. and probably will have one for a while. if he wants to use this is a motivational tool, more power to him.

He missed a lotttttttt last year

AV's batting avg is a good lesson in taking "insider" recruiting info with a huge grain of salt. What a 17/18-year-old-kid says one minute to a staff may change overnight. Some kids also tell coaches what they want to hear. Hell, Bogle changed his mind on committing to UT at the all-star game last year in a matter of hours. Justin Rogers was going to commit during the spring game, but his handler steered him toward KY. I just don't understand all the hate for AV.

yeah, he did. i never really held it against him though. most of his "predictions" were fairly non committal. he got a few right though......
Those 3 that all kinda surprised us overnight was the shift. The ones VQ said had told the coaches.

But a whole new staff and AD, hard to believe anyone's connections made it through unscathed.

Reactions: jakez4ut
AV's batting avg is a good lesson in taking "insider" recruiting info with a huge grain of salt. What a 17/18-year-old-kid says one minute to a staff may change overnight. Some kids also tell coaches what they want to hear. Hell, Bogle changed his mind on committing to UT at the all-star game last year in a matter of hours. Justin Rogers was going to commit during the spring game, but his handler steered him toward KY. I just don't understand all the hate for AV.
Agreed.

Some need guarantees that the info given will not change. Things change.

Not sure but they have a good young one coming along but Cleveland has two really good 9th graders coming. Bradley will be solid this year and will have a good QB who I think is a transfer from McCallie

VN Store

Back