'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

What am I missing here? Undersized smallish 3 star. Dad played for the Vols but older 5 star brother shunned UT. I'd pass unless they want to take a risk because the 2019 class will be loaded. This kid probably doesn't see the field until year 4 or 5.
Him and his brother are two different people. His brother made a choice which was best for him, it was just bad luck he was graduating high school the same year that UT is at the lowest point in program history.

Him visiting doesn't mean we are going to take a commitment. It's a short drive to the stadium, so why not get great seats for the game?

What am I missing here? Undersized smallish 3 star. Dad played for the Vols but older 5 star brother shunned UT. I'd pass unless they want to take a risk because the 2019 class will be loaded. This kid probably doesn't see the field until year 4 or 5.

I haven't watched him but his bloodline says even if undersized he has good chance to overachieve that ranking by playing mean and nasty.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I hope he finds the recruitment of junior offensive linemen to be more pleasurable than others.

Reactions: VOLED
I want to take him just For the small chance that he gets a championship at UT and Cade Mays gets nothing.

Him and his brother are two different people. His brother made a choice which was best for him, it was just bad luck he was graduating high school the same year that UT is at the lowest point in program history.

Him visiting doesn't mean we are going to take a commitment. It's a short drive to the stadium, so why not get great seats for the game?
I agree. UT should also decide solely whether to offer based on talent and ability to contribute. Cade did what he perceived as best for him, UT should do the same. Maybe GA will offer as a favor to Cade.

Je
He's the #4 C in the country. A true C out of HS is hard to come by.

We seriously may end up having Knox Catholics current oline all as TN OL in future. At least 3 of them for sure. I haven't seen Kerbyson brother to know what he is like. I'd hate to play that crew as a DL in HS

So Knox Catholic has been winning how many state championships with theses OLs? If they can't bring home the trophy from the state of Tennessee how you expect them to win in the SEC??? If the kids and I care less if they're legacies or not, can win at the SEC level, we want them. If it's more East Tennessee hs OL busts, no. How anyone can promote a Kerbyson on the UT OL after the last one is beyond my comprehension, stop the nonsense. Not every big kid that plays in East Tennessee has SEC talent.

So Knox Catholic has been winning how many state championships with theses OLs? If they can't bring home the trophy from the state of Tennessee how you expect them to win in the SEC??? If the kids and I care less if they're legacies or not, can win at the SEC level, we want them. If it's more East Tennessee hs OL busts, no. How anyone can promote a Kerbyson on the UT OL after the last one is beyond my comprehension, stop the nonsense. Not every big kid that plays in East Tennessee has SEC talent.
Mays is already starting, albeit because of injury, as a true freshman on a top 10 team.

it's relative to what he's being projected to be, not relative to his current peer group.

he is undersized to be an SEC OL right now. he will have to get bigger.

that's not really debatable, and why he's described as undersized....right now.
I have to agree with Rish. Wait until he finishes growing or until he starts his senior year, at least before you start calling him too small.

I have to agree with Rish. Wait until he finishes growing or until he starts his senior year, at least before you start calling him too small.
ok. but that's what i was getting at with the whole "relative to his peer group" statement.

That post was during early Cade Mays recruitment. Was just a comment. Nice try going yrs back to complain about something. Feel free to join 2018

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Maybe we should ask Amari Rogers about a Knoxville Catholic player having success in D1 football. I am sure Clemson is thrilled to have him.

VN Store

Back