TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

Eventually the distance to College Station is going to become an issue for some of these kids. That drive from middle Tennessee is almost equivalent to the distance from Knoxville to Miami. When we go 8-4, Pruitt/Neids/Ansley/Tee will get any Tennessee kids they want.

Jimbo is gonna land a top 5 class again.

Yeah that’s the thing about jimbo, that guy can recruit with the best of them. I’m not a fan of him personally, but you can’t ignore the fact that his pitch resonates with these young kids around the nation. With the facilities he has at T-AM, he has the potential to build something better than what he had at Florida state. His schedule every year will be his downfall though and recruits will eventually start to see that.

Reactions: VolGrizz and PA Vol
We should hope he does. We play them once every 7 years and this year they play two of our biggest Rivals. Obviously we don’t want to lose a bunch of head to head recruiting battles, but a strong A&M is more likely to help us than hurt.
Austin Thomas will continue to focus on Tennessee kids and be a pain for us.

Austin Thomas will continue to focus on Tennessee kids and be a pain for us.

Definitely wish we had kept him. But he sits on one of the top 5 most fertile recruiting areas and they can only take 25 a year. Once again, If we handle our business Im not really worried about a lot of TN kids making that 12 hour drive to the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah that’s the thing about jimbo, that guy can recruit with the best of them. I’m not a fan of him personally, but you can’t ignore the fact that his pitch resonates with these young kids around the nation. With the facilities he has at T-AM, he has the potential to build something better than what he had at Florida state. His schedule every year will be his downfall though and recruits will eventually start to see that.
If that’s the case then why come to TN? Our schedule is top tier every year.

I don’t get the appeal to A&M

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back