‘23 TN OG Brycen Sanders (Ole Miss commit)

“It went really well,” Sanders said. “Got to see all the coaches again. Got to meet individually with most of them, which is always nice. It helps with the relationship a lot more than just talking over the phone. Got to tour the facilities, got to see all the other recruits here, so it was definitely a fun day.”

He added that “just the level of talent here” stood out from his latest visit.

“There’s multiple five-stars, a lot of four-stars here,” Sanders said. “There’s a lot of big names here, so it’s definitely cool to see all the talent that’s interested in Tennessee.”

The Vols are recruiting Sanders as an interior offensive lineman who would play guard or center, and part of his visit included a film session with Elarbee, who played with Sanders’s father Gary at Middle Tennessee State. The younger Sanders liked what he saw from Tennessee’s offensive line and believes his skill set translates well to what the Vols do up front. He likes Tennessee’s style of offense and is interested in playing in it.

“We watched a lot of film,” Sanders said. “We watched a lot of their plays, their technique and just what they do here. It’s a lot similar to what I do in high school.”

He added: “This past season they were top 10 in the country in almost every offensive category. Just how they fast they play and how much they score definitely is one thing that stands out to me. … Coach Elarbee’s a great guy. He’s easy to talk to and his technique, the way he teaches it, is very good.”

Sanders said the Vols like how he plays and his understanding of the game.

“My dad’s my O-line coach, so I’m very smart. I’m aggressive,” he said. “I’m going to know what I’m going to do and I’m going to do it to the best of my ability and they know that.”

With wrestling season taking up most of his time, Sanders, who has compiled a 10-5 record in the heavyweight class and also threw the shot put and discus as a sophomore last spring, is already eyeing some visits in the spring. Among the schools he said he’d like to see in March and April are Stanford, Clemson and perhaps Florida State, which just offered last week. Sanders, who also visited Tennessee for its "Night at Neyland" camp last summer and the Pittsburgh game in September after getting offered by the Vols last March, said he might start taking official visits as early as April because he wants to commit “maybe by May.”

He’s already planning his return to Tennessee in the near future.

“I haven’t planned one yet,” he said, “but I’m definitely going to try to come up back here in April or March for a spring practice.”
-Brown

Tennessee had a great collection of offensive lineman here last weekend. Leading the way were in-state standouts Ayden Bussell, Trevor Duncan and Brycen Sanders. We believe both Bussell and Sanders are trending in the right direction as of now for the Vols with spring time decisions likely for both. It is harder to get a read on Duncan who is a quiet kid.
-VQ

The addition of Ayden Bussell was a welcome one on Monday. The Mount Juliet offensive lineman was certainly loving himself some orange when he was here back in January. He will work his buddy Brycen Sanders over the next few months to try and get him into the boat. Sanders told us last week that he could see himself committing sometime in May.
-VQ

Brycen won both of his wrestling matches today to help Baylor win *another* team duels state title.

He's currently ranked #3 heavyweight in the state (in private school division). Always nice to see linemen recruits having successful wrestling careers.

Mean streak and beasts let's go!

My daughters good friend just won her fourth consecutive state championship in the 185 pound class…. She is the 9th ranked high school female wrestler In the United States.
Maybe she can come play football at Austin Peay?

She wrestled against my sons team….she lost but held her own against two muscular looking football players….. my son was so glad she was in a different weight class then him. 🤣

Last edited:
My son wrestles and she lost but held her own against two muscular looking football players….. my son was so glad she was in a different weight class then him. 🤣

confused-wait-what.gif

My daughters good friend just won her fourth consecutive state championship in the 185 pound class…. She is the 9th ranked high school female wrestler In the United States.
Tennessee actually just hosted the very first women's wrestling state duel tournament in the country. Top 4 ended up being Rossview, Clarksville, Cleveland, then Tullahoma. Huge achievement for the state and sport. My uncle coaches mostly Clarksville/MidTN area girls in national contests in the offseason. His daughter was the first 4x state champ in TN, All-American and wrestling in college. My dad's men's and women's teams were competing in the state duels this weekend which is how I knew about Brycen.

Tennessee actually just hosted the very first women's wrestling state duel tournament in the country. Top 4 ended up being Rossview, Clarksville, Cleveland, then Tullahoma. Huge achievement for the state and sport. My uncle coaches mostly Clarksville/MidTN area girls in national contests in the offseason. His daughter was the first 4x state champ in TN, All-American and wrestling in college. My dad's men's and women's teams were competing in the state duels this weekend which is how I knew about Brycen.
I’m not that use to it…. My son is just getting started trying to figure it out as a freshman….. I have a bad story bro to tell….. we have a lower weight class kid that had lost to two girls earlier this year…. Around Christmas time….. he forfeited to a girl wrestler bc he said he was too embarrassed after losing twice earlier….. it got worse for the kid…. He was wrestling a guy a couple weeks ago and sh&t on the kids arm during the match…. They called it an automatic forfeit and the trainers came out and disinfected the kids arm…. We were on the road…. It was the first match of the night…. The kid had to sit there in sh&tty pants for 4 hours until the matches was over.

I’m totally confused right now. Somewhere in TN there is a wrestling match with a UT prospect that wrestled a girl but he got $hit on his arm and then had to sit with poopy pants for the rest of the match.
Boom
Post of the year …… lol

VN Store

Back