TN LV: Holly Warlick Should officially be on the HOT Seat

Honestly...no. I'm not sexist but I don't find enjoyment in women's basketball. Just making a crass generalization about lady vol fans as a whole.

So you're just talking out of your ass about something you know nothing about? Makes sense.

Reactions: 7 people
Lady Vols fans are the whiniest bunch of babies in all of sport. I'm going to go ahead and compare you to post Nick Saban Alabama football. That's the level of obnoxious crying that goes on around this board. You had the greatest coach of ALL time. It will probably never reach those levels again because there will never be another Pat Summit or anything close. Deal with it and support the team.

Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Holly is probably on everyone's hotseat except for Hart's and that will save Holly's job for a couple more seasons at least.

I think Hart is taking a wait and see approach. I think double digit losses and less than a final four we may see a change. We were the pre-season number three team in the nation no way this can go unnoticed but it has to play out the entire season. He will give her the opportunity for correction and if it doesn't happen I believe we will have a new coach next season and a completely different staff.

Lady Vols fans are the whiniest bunch of babies in all of sport. I'm going to go ahead and compare you to post Nick Saban Alabama football. That's the level of obnoxious crying that goes on around this board. You had the greatest coach of ALL time. It will probably never reach those levels again because there will never be another Pat Summit or anything close. Deal with it and support the team.

Man, you are clueless about sports. Alabama already had the greatest football coach of all time in Bear Bryant. Now they have another head coach in Saban that is making a run at replacing the Bear as the greatest Alabama coach. So why can't the Lady Vols have someone to win championships after Pat? Your comparison 100% contradicts your position.
PS- The Bear was #1 when he left the game.
Pat was #2.

Reactions: 2 people
I have always loved the LadyVols and it has been brutal to watch this year, and I do blame Holy and her staff for that..Many stretches of their games, they have no idea what they are doing on the offensive end..Right now we are the middle of the pack program, and I don't see it getting any better ever with this coaching staff..

The thing that strikes me more than anything is the team has some talent and probably should be the best team since Holly took over including Pat's last year..Unlike the better coaches in college basketball with high caliber talent, Holly never seems to be upset, even when the team turns the ball over 4 times in a row, and the wrong players throwing up shots even out of their comfort zones with plenty of time left on the shot clock..I watch Geno and Calipari with pro type players, all in their faces and yet they take it and get better..Unlike Pat, Holly's teams are not afraid of not excuting the game plan or disappointing her, and that's a problem...

If the ladyvols are going to get back to anywhere close to what we was, HOLLY MUST GO, and quickly

Reactions: 5 people
McMahon be like.... "You're Fiirreedd"

Attachments

• tumblr_mfyhb3BryB1rxlf3go1_400_medium.gif
    tumblr_mfyhb3BryB1rxlf3go1_400_medium.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
The thing that strikes me more than anything is the team has some talent and probably should be the best team since Holly took over including Pat's last year..Unlike the better coaches in college basketball with high caliber talent, Holly never seems to be upset, even when the team turns the ball over 4 times in a row, and the wrong players throwing up shots even out of their comfort zones

Unless you are referring to Bashaara, Diamond or Mercedes, then that's any shot on the court from a layup to 3 pointers.

It would help if they worked on their shooting so that they could, you know, shoot.

But, the program deserves at least a decent basketball coach. You are totally clueless.

Reactions: 4 people
I think Hart is taking a wait and see approach. I think double digit losses and less than a final four we may see a change. We were the pre-season number three team in the nation no way this can go unnoticed but it has to play out the entire season. He will give her the opportunity for correction and if it doesn't happen I believe we will have a new coach next season and a completely different staff.

I just don't see Hart paying Warlick a buyout. And, then we have to rely on Hart hiring a good coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Since this was a political appointment out of respect for Pat, I believe Holly was given every opportunity to prove she can coach, but as many coaches have found out, coaching from the 2nd seat is not the same as coaching from the 1st. Love ya Holly, but its time to go........business is business.

Go Vols!

Time to move on. The brand is losing credibility. Fans quit going to games and there will be no choice.

There is nothing worse than watching a fanbase quickly bail, mid-season, on their team and the coaches, all of whom put more into it than anyone here.

It's the easy thing to do.

Quitters.

One is not a quitter simply because they dislike bad basketball. Baling or quitting a program is saying I am done with the program and I haven't seen any fan say they were done with the Lady Vol's. Unless one is blind the coaching staff has not placed a consistent good product on the floor. Right now this is a very frustrating product to watch. There is nothing worse than watching a coaching staff that seems clueless as to how they can correct some very glaring issues. I personally want to see the Lady Vols live up to their talent. If this makes me a bailing quitter then so be it.

The curse of replacing a legend... the only way to replace Pat would be with zombie John Wooden. He is currently not available.

The curse of replacing a legend... the only way to replace Pat would be with zombie John Wooden. He is currently not available.

A strong hire could have kept the LadyVols at the level Pat had them at. Hart should have taken the responsibility for hiring the next LadyVols coach and not let Pat name her successor.

A strong hire could have kept the LadyVols at the level Pat had them at. Hart should have taken the responsibility for hiring the next LadyVols coach and not let Pat name her successor.

If Pat thought Holly could coach I have no problem with Hart going with the suggestion. However, it has been proven she can't coach or recruit. Time to cut sling load.

Reactions: 5 people
Since this was a political appointment out of respect for Pat, I believe Holly was given every opportunity to prove she can coach, but as many coaches have found out, coaching from the 2nd seat is not the same as coaching from the 1st. Love ya Holly, but its time to go........business is business.

Go Vols!

Wasn't DeMoss PS's first assistant? Warlick was more like team cheerleader/best friend of Pat. PS stiffed DeMoss because she was closer to Warlick--just the type of decision that results in disaster. What we needed to do was go out and find a great coach to succeed PS; instead, we're now in a slow-motion death spiral.

This is all my wife has talked about since last year. Let's just say after the Arky game you can't say anything lady vols without her going on a tirade. Monday night is going to suck. Going to bed early.

Reactions: 4 people
Wasn't DeMoss PS's first assistant? Warlick was more like team cheerleader/best friend of Pat. PS stiffed DeMoss because she was closer to Warlick--just the type of decision that results in disaster. What we needed to do was go out and find a great coach to succeed PS; instead, we're now in a slow-motion death spiral.

No, DeMoss did not join the Lady Vols until 1985. She was at Auburn as an assistant prior to that. I don't know where you got your information about Pat stiffing her. DeMoss had already left the program to coach at KY then on to Texas before coming back. Warlick had stayed with the program throughout.

VN Store

Back