'24 TN LB Ryan Scott (Tennessee PWO)

kamoshika

6-1, 205
West HS (Knoxville)
The Knox News Defensive Player of the Year & tackling machine committed to UT Tuesday, signed Wednesday.

1707500676721.png

Throughout Ryan Scott’s recruitment process, he heard the same thing from Tennessee that made him a two-time All State selection for the West High Rebels. In short, the Vols like Scott’s instinct as a middle linebacker. “They like my head,” Scott said. “It sounds weird, but I can scan the field. I know what the jobs are and I talked to (defensive coordinator Tim Banks) about their defense versus ours here. He told me he likes that I can read fast, that I’m an instinct player, and that I just go without waiting.”
VolReport - Knoxville product Ryan Scott fulfills ‘dream’ choice in Tennessee

The star linebacker's big-play ability was a vital ingredient in West's second straight Class 5A state championship run. “Not having to go through some of (the growing pains) as far as in the wins and losses column, is attributed a lot to Ryan,” said West inside linebackers coach Barron Chandler, a seven-year assistant coach. “You hear people say somebody being a quarterback of a defense, but he really is.”

Scott is The Knox News Defensive Player of the Year after he had 115 solo tackles, 63 assisted tackles, 18 tackles for loss, two sacks, three interceptions, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one defensive touchdown in a 14-1 season.

...Scott’s football instincts are only bested by his knowledge. He was devoted to understanding the role of every defender he shared the field with, directing his teammates with hand signals and his voice...Scott was also involved in crafting game plans, posing questions and suggestions to Chandler. The star linebacker was not simply the defense’s quarterback but practically a coach too.
Chandler said Scott’s inquisitiveness was a difference-maker. “As a player, he has a better understanding of the overall scheme of the defense than anybody that I've ever coached,” Chandler said.
How Ryan Scott led Knoxville West football's defense to second state title

5STAR PREPS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (2023) — Ryan Scott, Knoxville West LB - Five Star Preps

Last edited:
6-1, 205...committed to UT Tuesday and signed Wednesday.

View attachment 618658

Throughout Ryan Scott’s recruitment process, he heard the same thing from Tennessee that made him a two-time All State selection for the West High Rebels. In short, the Vols like Scott’s instinct as a middle linebacker. “They like my head,” Scott said. “It sounds weird, but I can scan the field. I know what the jobs are and I talked to (defensive coordinator Tim Banks) about their defense versus ours here. He told me he likes that I can read fast, that I’m an instinct player, and that I just go without waiting.”

The star linebacker's big-play ability was a vital ingredient in West's second straight Class 5A state championship run. “Not having to go through some of (the growing pains) as far as in the wins and losses column, is attributed a lot to Ryan,” said West inside linebackers coach Barron Chandler, a seven-year assistant coach. “You hear people say somebody being a quarterback of a defense, but he really is.”

Scott is The Knox News Defensive Player of the Year after he had 115 solo tackles, 63 assisted tackles, 18 tackles for loss, two sacks, three interceptions, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one defensive touchdown in a 14-1 season.

...Scott’s football instincts are only bested by his knowledge. He was devoted to understanding the role of every defender he shared the field with, directing his teammates with hand signals and his voice...Scott was also involved in crafting game plans, posing questions and suggestions to Chandler. The star linebacker was not simply the defense’s quarterback but practically a coach too.
Chandler said Scott’s inquisitiveness was a difference-maker. “As a player, he has a better understanding of the overall scheme of the defense than anybody that I've ever coached,” Chandler said.

5STAR PREPS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (2023) — Ryan Scott, Knoxville West LB - Five Star Preps

Heupel is building a fence around Knoxville.

6-1, 205...committed to UT Tuesday and signed Wednesday.

View attachment 618658

When we get an all state selection as a PWO, that tells you the state of recruiting. He adds 30 lbs, he will play at some pt on special teams or back up rolls for sure.

VN Store

Back