'18 TN LB Jackson Sirmon (Washington transfer)

Lord knows we could probably use a LB with some experience and #s on the roster.

91 tackles!!! That's pretty impressive. Would be nice to get him in the UT loop. Maybe end up being a nice coach/recruiter some day.
91 tackles but only 4 tackles for loss tells me this kid has slow reaction time as far as reading plays. Sounds like he makes a lot of tackles beyond the line of scrimmage. Still might be better than what we have beyond Banks. I'm not going to discount any of our current guys with another year of development though.

91 tackles but only 4 tackles for loss tells me this kid has slow reaction time as far as reading plays. Sounds like he makes a lot of tackles beyond the line of scrimmage. Still might be better than what we have beyond Banks. I'm not going to discount any of our current guys with another year of development though.
It's hard to tell with these things. Kid could have been a monster and held a lot of runs to a yard or two. There's no way of knowing but statistically he's Beasley and it was his first year really playing. If Beasley and Banks take a step next year then we will have a good lb tandem.

Hard to tell. He's been playing in a pass-heavy league throughout his career, so that may contribute. Not sure about recent years, but I know in the past, Chris Peterson's Washington teams, especially with Vita Vea, dropped 8 into coverage more often than not. That kind of scheme doesn't lead to many TFL's for a backer.

Reactions: FïreBall
Hard to tell. He's been playing in a pass-heavy league throughout his career, so that may contribute. Not sure about recent years, but I know in the past, Chris Peterson's Washington teams, especially with Vita Vea, dropped 8 into coverage more often than not. That kind of scheme doesn't lead to many TFL's for a backer.
Valid point, but I know that Oregon and UCLA ran the ball a lot.

Wears a neck collar. Automatic take IMO

9409810.jpg

VN Store

Back