'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

And of course that means he's not as good as he was when he was ranked higher....

Very possible. But I am sure you will talk in absolutes like you know it all. Hey let me know when that team with hardly any blue chip players wins a NC. 😂😂😂😂😂

Very possible. But I am sure you will talk in absolutes like you know it all. Hey let me know when that team with hardly any blue chip players wins a NC. 😂😂😂😂😂
No. That would be you when it comes to this subject. I actually reject the "absolutes" that say that the recruiting sites are highly accurate in rating talent or that the top programs are getting great talent because the recruiting sites call it great talent.

3 months ago this guy seemed like he would be a staple of the 2024 class. Now it seems like he’s a backup option? Obviously Sammy Brown is the top LB on their board, but I’m guessing they have Singleton, Jones, Pierce, and potentially Burns ahead of him too? Seems like a good “problem” to have

That quote makes it seem like they’re pursuing him hard, but he may not be one of the top 3 LBs on their board. Which is crazy because 3-4 months ago most thought he would be one of the top players in this class for us. Now he could be as low as 5th or 6th on our LB board

That quote makes it seem like they’re pursuing him hard, but he may not be one of the top 3 LBs on their board. Which is crazy because 3-4 months ago most thought he would be one of the top players in this class for us. Now he could be as low as 5th or 6th on our LB board
That quote sounded like it would be interesting to see who we land beyond Spillman with so many potential options, to me anyways. Of course, that's open to interpretation.

Yeah, there's some pretty good talent at the position this year. And they're still looking for guys.

That quote sounded like it would be interesting to see who we land beyond Spillman with so many potential options, to me anyways. Of course, that's open to interpretation.
I’d personally like to see Brown, Singleton, and Jones be the 3 LBs we take if we could pull that off. Singleton looks great in coverage and I think having a guy like him would help us matchup better against Georgia’s TEs and Jones looks like he can do a little bit of everything. Spillman would obviously be a great pickup though

Reactions: LittleVol
I’d personally like to see Brown, Singleton, and Jones be the 3 LBs we take if we could pull that off. Singleton looks great in coverage and I think having a guy like him would help us matchup better against Georgia’s TEs and Jones looks like he can do a little bit of everything. Spillman would obviously be a great pickup though
Last season was Spillman's first playing MLB and he just got better and better as the season progressed. I expect him to have a monster season this year. I think he's very similar to Elijah Herring in physical make up, but possibly more athletic at the same stage of their careers.

An his brother is playing here too. I feel like bringing in family to play together can help build that team mindset somewhat like when the Berry bros were here and the kicking Colquitts, assuming that the talent is there.

VN Store

Back