'19 TN LB Devon Dillehay (PWO commit)

WE had an offensive lineman a few years back, can't remember his name, was a starter his senior year, tore his ACL, missed a couple of games, put a brace on it and played the rest of the season. Came in as a walk on and earned a scholarship, I believe it was early in Butch's time here.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Congratulations to this young man!

Following his dream to play for Tennessee over offers from other schools.

A true Tennessee fan this kid is!!!
Way to be a Vol and get your chance to prove yourself.

I’ll give you a....... BOOM!

Devon is an NPA kid who is a VERY hard worker who had earned some really good offers. Many expected him to go to either Bowling Green or Memphis. Devon was a tackling machine who worked relentlessly to get where he is today. The kid told us his heart is in Knoxville. What many have to understand is that the culture and environment that CJP has started is very contagious and attractive. Once they turn he corner and start to win, which will likely happen this year now that the offense will be fixed, guys will be beating the door down to get a spot on the roster. UT is finally getting over the Dooley/Butch stinch and guys want to cm bk around the hill.

Devon is an NPA kid who is a VERY hard worker who had earned some really good offers. Many expected him to go to either Bowling Green or Memphis. Devon was a tackling machine who worked relentlessly to get where he is today. The kid told us his heart is in Knoxville. What many have to understand is that the culture and environment that CJP has started is very contagious and attractive. Once they turn he corner and start to win, which will likely happen this year now that the offense will be fixed, guys will be beating the door down to get a spot on the roster. UT is finally getting over the Dooley/Butch stinch and guys want to cm bk around the hill.
Let’s goooooo!!!!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
WE had an offensive lineman a few years back, can't remember his name, was a starter his senior year, tore his ACL, missed a couple of games, put a brace on it and played the rest of the season. Came in as a walk on and earned a scholarship, I believe it was early in Butch's time here.
Jacob Gilliam

Hope Scholarship for regular students and other grants can cover his tuition.

And he can still eat at every meal the team does. Still has access to Anderson LC as well.
Anderson is the training facility. Thornton is the learning center. But yes he’ll have access to Thornton. Probably won’t need it, i know his sister. They do skool good

Nukeese Richardson was more impactful than Bates

Sometimes these type players can realize their full potential in this setting. Evidently he believes he can do that and that is all that really matters. Don't be surprised to see some PWO's improve enough to receive full scholarships by their 2nd or 3rd year. The kid has some quicks and speed. Looks able to play multiple positions just like many of Pruitts recruits. If he improved that much in his high school years then the kid could do the same in SEC play in a couple years.

Does anyone know what, if any, are the tangible differences between a PWO and a traditional walk on ?!

Does anyone know what, if any, are the tangible differences between a PWO and a traditional walk on ?!
PWO are on the staff radar, and is offered the spot without trying out. Are brought in during the summer time like signees. Traditional walk ins usually have to try out a week after school starts

...Assisting to make the starters game ready.
And maybe even learning, working hard and actually getting some playing time. I have no problem with having a few kids on the team, at any level in the scheme of things, that actually have a passion about being here. At 6' 2" and 210, he isn't a shrimp.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back