'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

The McDonald kid the best tackler , Eason too slow to play LB .. he is a future DT .. French needs to be coached on how to tackle ... maybe be a DE in a couple years .

Large frames, that’s good. Like most high school kids, need to add bulk. They’re gonna look real good after a couple of years in Fitz’ S&C program.

I have no doubt they'll get stronger and faster but French is 240 and even though Eason is listed at 250 I hear from the recruiting analysts he's closer to 260. As for McDonald it depends on what position he plays. He might have to lose weight if they move him to secondary.

If Eason is already 260, he seems like a good fit to gain some weight and play a 3-4 end
i listened to the RTI podcast last night, with VR2, and this was talked about as a possibility, but they both seemed to agree that MLB is Eason's permanent home. moves better than you'd think at that weight, and is a tackling machine...great in run support and is adequate enough in coverage. both said he looks the part of a 260lb MLB, but he doesn't move like one. much faster than you think sideline to sideline.

said of the three, Eason is the one that seems most at home as MLB, and can wind up running the defense....TM is most versatile, and can play OLB, safety, nickel/star.....and French is as close to 4 for 4 LB in the group, and can go outside/inside....and as a sneaky good athelete.

the other thing that i didn't know that i thought was cool is that these 3 guys are the unquestioned leaders of that whitehaven team. they lead the team in all the work outs at games, they just split the team up in 3rds and each one of these guys takes a group. and they don't get queued by the coaches to do it. they lead, the rest of the team follows. pretty cool should be a great move for the culture in Knoxville.

i have no idea how good any of them will be ultimately, but i think there's virtually zero downside to having these 3 kids on this roster......excited to see how they develop. would imagine we'll see Eason a lot next year.

i listened to the RTI podcast last night, with VR2, and this was talked about as a possibility, but they both seemed to agree that MLB is Eason's permanent home. moves better than you'd think at that weight, and is a tackling machine...great in run support and is adequate enough in coverage. both said he looks the part of a 260lb MLB, but he doesn't move like one. much faster than you think sideline to sideline.

said of the three, Eason is the one that seems most at home as MLB, and can wind up running the defense....TM is most versatile, and can play OLB, safety, nickel/star.....and French is as close to 4 for 4 LB in the group, and can go outside/inside....and as a sneaky good athelete.

the other thing that i didn't know that i thought was cool is that these 3 guys are the unquestioned leaders of that whitehaven team. they lead the team in all the work outs at games, they just split the team up in 3rds and each one of these guys takes a group. and they don't get queued by the coaches to do it. they lead, the rest of the team follows. pretty cool should be a great move for the culture in Knoxville.

i have no idea how good any of them will be ultimately, but i think there's virtually zero downside to having these 3 kids on this roster......excited to see how they develop. would imagine we'll see Eason a lot next year.

That's awesome. Also, one of the best tidbits I heard is Eason is a film junkie and French during his post visit interview said Eason is a role model for him, drives him to study a lot of film. Haven't heard anything in that regard for McDonald but I would imagine it would rub off. Great head start for these guys fitting into the culture that Pruitt is creating.

That's awesome. Also, one of the best tidbits I heard is Eason is a film junkie and French during his post visit interview said Eason is a role model for him, drives him to study a lot of film. Haven't heard anything in that regard for McDonald but I would imagine it would rub off. Great head start for these guys fitting into the culture that Pruitt is creating.
those 3 are apparently pretty close, so i'd imagine there's some similarities between the 3 from a personality/work ethic/love of the game standpoint.

I have no doubt they'll get stronger and faster but French is 240 and even though Eason is listed at 250 I hear from the recruiting analysts he's closer to 260. As for McDonald it depends on what position he plays. He might have to lose weight if they move him to secondary.
I thought McDonald was like 6’2” 215? If he can still run and cover at that size that would be perfect for the Star.

French may be 240, maybe not. He’s got a big frame, which is what you need to build on. Look at his arms though. A major College S&C program is going to do wonders for him (and the other 2).

All 3 are good looking prospects now, that are only going to look better after a couple of years.

Reactions: VolMike16
those 3 are apparently pretty close, so i'd imagine there's some similarities between the 3 from a personality/work ethic/love of the game standpoint.
What I find interesting and compelling for UT is that before 2 of them were commits I'm different locations. Despite being so tight. But when it came to one joining UT, they all did.

Gives me the warm fuzzies.

That's excellent news about the leadership roles. I'm big on Eason but I think all three are good players. Eason just looks like that JJ type dog. We need more of those type of leaders.

Loads of talent, but usually very poorly disciplined and coached.

I know the DC at Whitehaven. I can’t say that I’ve watched them much, but I am not sure I would call them poorly coached. They reload every year, and I would think coaching has something to do with it.

Edit: I saw your later response.

Last edited:
Seems to be the norm out there. I guess Whitehaven and Germantown are probably the exception other than the private schools.

The Germantown schools don’t have D1 talent although both have been playing good team ball the last few years.

Whitehaven, sometimes Central or White Station, and recently Cordova are the city schools that produce talent. Then there are the private schools like MUS and Briarcrest.

VN Store

Back