'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

No panic. Just presenting the question. Do you piss Memphis off to land better talent or are you stuck since you have taken them already because you don't want to piss Memphis off?
Getting these 3 helps probably with Omari (Elite Talent on OL or DL) will also help with Memphis area. We aren’t going to get Sewell, or I’m not getting my hopes up about him.
We don’t have many LB’s so taking 2 won’t hurt. If we were 100% confident going to land Sewell, Whitehead, and Grimes then I’d say yeah go ahead and not worry about it, but even then I’d be skeptical on not taking them, mostly for depth reasons.

Reactions: Pane di mais
Getting these 3 helps probably with Omari (Elite Talent on OL or DL) will also help with Memphis area. We aren’t going to get Sewell, or I’m not getting my hopes up about him.
We don’t have many LB’s so taking 2 won’t hurt. If we were 100% confident going to land Sewell, Whitehead, and Grimes then I’d say yeah go ahead and not worry about it, but even then I’d be skeptical on not taking them, mostly for depth reasons.

Exactly. We are razor thin at LB in a scheme that demands excellence from the position so we need to create depth to avoid scenarios where we are moving players around just to band aid the situation. Heck we need fresh bodies just for teams units on kick off and punt coverage.

Why on Earth would we only take 25? We desperately need depth. We still need another WR most likely as well.

If I’m not mistaken, I think the SEC now limits a recruiting class at 25.

I remember it being in response to Butch Jones signing 30 or more players.

Reactions: MwB

I thought it was Houston Nutt signing like 37 or something at Ole Miss. I think the 25 rule is BS though, it makes it really important to hit on your evaluations.

Its referred to as the Houston Nutt rule:

From an article in 2010:

"The initial results of the "Houston Nutt Rule" begin to emerge today. SEC teams will be limited to signing 28 football recruits, with the usual maximum of 25 allowed to enroll in the fall.
The SEC adopted the signing cap last spring following negative attention surrounding Nutt's signing of 37 players in 2009 for Ole Miss. The impact of the SEC's signing cap -- which soon will go national -- remains"

Its referred to as the Houston Nutt rule:

From an article in 2010:

"The initial results of the "Houston Nutt Rule" begin to emerge today. SEC teams will be limited to signing 28 football recruits, with the usual maximum of 25 allowed to enroll in the fall.
The SEC adopted the signing cap last spring following negative attention surrounding Nutt's signing of 37 players in 2009 for Ole Miss. The impact of the SEC's signing cap -- which soon will go national -- remains"
Didn’t Butch have a class with 33 signees?

VN Store

Back