'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

tenor.gif

Sorry guys, but I’ve been really busy out, and yes, I found out a few things today, so I’ll give what I know. As we all know, the Arky visit is still on for the 25th. I saw someone today and it was a close member to Russell. It was the first time in a week that I’ve seen anyone. From my understanding, our coaching staff will be back sometime next week to visit. Pruitt and company hasn’t let up since they last visited. Someone close today told me that even though he is going to Arky, he isn’t not committing to them this weekend coming up. He will not be forced through anyone’s agenda to try to shut his recruiting down to commit to a team. There has been some aggression to do that, but he is standing his ground, to make sure that he comes to Tennessee for his visit, because a certain coach doesn’t want him to, but no name was mentioned today.
He isn't not committing to Arkansas?

Reactions: tnhunter 10
He isn't not committing to Arkansas?
From my understanding, there was pressure from a certain coach wanting him to commit and shut down his visits elsewhere. I was told that Russell isn’t going to do that, because he wants to finish all visits. He is ignoring the pressure from all sides, and he isn’t budging till the 6th of February. The coaches that wanted him to commit wasn’t mentioned, so I have no clue who wanted him to do that.

Reactions: LittleVol
From my understanding, there was pressure from a certain coach wanting him to commit and shut down his visits elsewhere. I was told that Russell isn’t going to do that, because he wants to finish all visits. He is ignoring the pressure from all sides, and he isn’t budging till the 6th of February. The coaches that wanted him to commit wasn’t mentioned, so I have no clue who wanted him to do that.

Best LB in the history of his town!

Reactions: Bobo0101
Some high drama going on in the Burg.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop

tenor.gif

The article on his A&M visit. The comment below came from the writer of the article.

"When I brought up Tennessee, I figured that the Vols would have some sort of inherent leg-up with him as a big in-state SEC program. Without wanting to go into any sort of details, he gave me the impression that some kind of wrong turn was made by the staff there along the way."

- Nick Krueger (A&M Mod)

I bet he feels a bit jaded because he came and camped back in the summer, but didn't receive an offer. Now we are putting on a going full court press. This is the type of ramifications we are going to get when we go all in on one big time player. In this case, Owen Pappoe. Wish we would have offered and pursued him in the summer instead of accepting a Jalil Clemons Commitment...

VN Store

Back