TN Highschool Baseball

GVF

Talk Dirty To Me
OK, so who are the teams atop the baseball ranks in TN this year. My son will be a junior at Jackson County this year. We had a good run, but have fell off the last 2 years and don't show promise this year. Our talent disappeared, along with any sign of a coach that has a key to the clue box. Lebanon's coach (Will Wakefield) left us and went to Wilson Central and then got the HC gig at Lebanon. He's a great young coach and doing well. But, that left JCHS in a bad way with the new coach we've had the last 2 seasons. Basically, he just isn't good. He's fascinated with a player that struck out 24 consecutive at bats last year before getting a hit, but somehow got the team batting title, along with defense honors after making at least a dozen errors, and my kid was 33 for 33 in the field and didn't get recognized. That's the coaching that has ruined JC baseball in a mere 2 seasons. And we have great HS facilities to boot. Anyway, this will be my sons first healthy season in two years, so I hope he gets back on track. We will be very thin on the mound. Very thin.

I think we are AA in baseball. Maybe A the way the classes are set up. IIRC, Columbia Academy won that class last year or runner up.

Reactions: RollerVol
I know that Farragut and Chatt. Baylor are loaded this year.

Independence HS (Franklin) has one of the top 10 players in the country (Robert Hassell OF, committed to Vandy)

Around the Plateau, It'll probably be Trousdale and Watertown. Monterey is usually pretty decent. The outer circle kids from Cookeville go over there, and turn around and beat Cookeville. Kind of an in your face thing for not playing them. Upperman does it to Cookeville regularly in football.

Trinity Christian will be good again this year. They are playing a very tough non district schedule. Will be battle tested when playoffs come around.

Curious to see how Lebanon will be under new coach Will Wakefield. His dad is long time coach of Friendship Christian in Lebanon. He is a very talented, and very disciplined young coach. He really elevated Jackson County to the next level in his 2 years there.

VN Store

Back